Does this happen often?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Luxoric, Sep 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Luxoric

Luxoric Junkrat Main

One of the drivers I load for says that recipients ask him all the time to assemble the thing they ordered and where to put it in their house (mostly furniture). People don't actually do this; they know you're just delivering the package right?

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

No

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I often joke that "assembly is not included" when I deliver something that needs to be put together.

No, we don't assemble anything ----we put the package wherever (within reason) they want it and go on our way.

4. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Idiots abound; however, I don't suffer fools gladly.

5. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

9 times out of 10. We pick it back up after a couple days. Especially exercise equipment. Then I jokingly say. Looks like I'm the only one who worked out with this thing

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Can you say Nordic Trac?

7. Billy Ray

Today's exercise equipment,........ will be tomorrow's drying rack.

8. Billy Ray

If you really want some exercise, come help me deliver some of this crap!

9. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1473384941.588956.jpg

10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

What if was Playboy's Miss July?

11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I usually ask, "Did you need something larger to hang more clothes on??

12. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

I actually had a husband order me to leave a Nordic trac next to the curb! He said let her (his wife) drag in in the house - she needs the exercise more than you.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Billy Ray

LMMFAO, still laughing

14. StoptheAct1212

StoptheAct1212 Active Member

Best one ever i had a 100+ pound call tag for a an apartment on 3rd floor.. knock on door. Hot girl answers.... im here to pick up package... opens door, its a dresser all put together.. i said whats wrong.. she said its warped... from aquick look i already knew what was wrong...she said the drawers dont go in.... i asked who put it together,, expecting it was her... no my boyfriend.... i said you need a man.. u got a screwdriver... i can fix this in a minute.. the tracks were on upside down... duuh... thankfully im a honest and respectful guy... she was soo damn fine... customer happy... and the only reason i helped her is...... i didnt feel like lugging that back.... and being a good person

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

I tell customers "sure I'll come by on my lunch hour"

16. sox

sox Member

Back in the early 80's got called in to the center manager's office brought my steward with me as we always did center manager "you tell someone your assistant would be along shortly to put the thing together? Me "of course not r u nuts? Loved that stuff that's all I miss except "where is my regular driver ? "Not sure heard it was his honeymoon don't know I'm new"

17. rod

rod retired and happy

Back years ago we use to deliver new phones and pick up the old ones when people called the phone company for service. I bet I installed five hundred of them over the years. I could do it in about 45 seconds.

18. sox

sox Member

Remember fur call tags ? We had to package them up?

19. rod

rod retired and happy

They were a pain in the rear. Chances were about 100% you would be dealing with some old hag who thought her poop didn't stink.

20. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Good God I hated those !!!