Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else?

yeldarb

I delivered a Bowflex in November, and two days later was ssent back to pick it up, because they decided they didnt want it.

W

wyobill1956

Jesus would get called in the office too for running over time allocations.

Its physically impossible to attain scratch using all deliver methods

in our remote center. Im 1.00 to 1.50 over every day and no chit chatting.

Just remember UPS signature is about honesty and integrity!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I delivered a SleepNumber Bed the other day. Not so much heavy as it was bulky. Had like 7 boxes of it. When we were finished pulling it outta the package car, there was all kindsa room in the rear.

local804

Ties right! I can remember delivering 300 stops out of a P5 that you couldn't have fit a twinkie in.

Now it seems everyone has a P10 here, anyway.

You must admit though, the packages got a hell of alot bigger since I started working for the company. 45 stops of JC Penneys and sears fit in the 2000 shelf where now we are lucky if we can get 10 in there. Dell, Pottery Barn,Tiger Direct(plasma tv)Bowflex just to name a few are companies who have boxes bigger than coffins that go through our service.The weight limit has doubled and now we have OS3. Just work safe, do your job correctly and the numbers can go up their {edited by moderator} :thumbup1:

Just work safe, do your job correctly and the numbers can go up their {edited by moderator} :thumbup1:

Problem with that attitude is that those numbers ultimately represent your productivity.

If you can’t maintain and exceed that productivity you better sit down and start listing the concessions you’re prepared to make – and better yet you probably ought to start shopping your resume around because I suspect UPS will demand more than you’re willing to give up and eventually they’ll get it.

Bottom line is that you better be concerned about “the numbers” because if they’re not maintained and more they’ll eventually get shoved up *your* @$$:thumbup1:.

Seeing as how you have incorporated “804” into your user name I suspect you know a thing or two about that now.

jughead84

AMEN to that, Ibt804! I believe thats the same place they hoard all the supplies. Shoot, no wonder I can never find an extra stylus or info. notice in the entire bldg. :lol:

browned out

They hope you will skip luches and breaks and run etc. If you want full time you will have to kill yourself til you are permanent then start taking lunches, breaks etc. Also old timers, this is not the same job it was 30 years ago. More stops, weight limit used to be 50lbs, now 150 or more. Diad tracking time studies etc.

Griff

Problem with that attitude is that those numbers ultimately represent your productivity.

If you can’t maintain and exceed that productivity you better sit down and start listing the concessions you’re prepared to make – and better yet you probably ought to start shopping your resume around because I suspect UPS will demand more than you’re willing to give up and eventually they’ll get it.

Bottom line is that you better be concerned about “the numbers” because if they’re not maintained and more they’ll eventually get shoved up *your* {edited by moderator} :thumbup1:.

Seeing as how you have incorporated “804” into your user name I suspect you know a thing or two about that now.

Get real toolbox. Those sheets mean nothing in the grand scheme of things at UPS. The last thing UPS management should be worried about is full-time driver performance levels. We are the hardest working people in this industry, regardless of what your little sheet tells you the next morning. Most trips are running in the red already, so the only number of mine that I'll be exceeding is how many times I laugh at you on the slide in the morning.

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
I have a couple concession for you, 1. I'm willing to give up a couple useless sups that just spill out the same mindless rhetoric day in and day out, and 2. donate management's yearly production bonus to the pension plan, deal?! ****ing tool

How about my future rotator cuff surgery for a reasonable dispatch?
et al.

/signed

dammor

Bottom line is that you better be concerned about “the numbers” because if they’re not maintained and more they’ll eventually get shoved up *your* @$$:thumbup1:.

PLEASE take the lead and run my run and show me how to make your numbers. If you can show me how it can be done then perhaps I will finally get a clue as to how to do my job. My 27 years here has taught me many things, and one of them is that the numbers are nothing more than a waste of paper. I do a damn good job everyday and wish you would also. We put out fires all day long that were started by folks like you who hit a key on the computer and then sit back and judge our performance on the same computer that caused the problem in the first place.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Yes it's ridiculous. Normal for this time of year. They push new guys, because they know you'll work faster, skip lunch, push it a little more. They might even say if you bring it in faster it will improve your chances of getting hired full time. A full-time driver will just blow them off so they don't bother. Just smile say you'll do better and then go out and run your route the best you can while still being safe.
:thumbup1::thumbup1:
coudln't agree more. smile and nod, realise that they're just doing it to get results. keep doing what you're doing, follow habits, you're safe.

When I stated many moons ago, we could only deliever 3 pkgs from any one shipper in any day. Packsges were also limited to 50 lbs and there wasnt any running all over hell to deliever nda. the time studys worked back then. Much to my suprise:w00t: time has passed big brown by and they have not noticed any changes in the system or the size of the packages. ----- however ------ we have new and better technology and we can deduct time from you now---- HA! Just tell managment " you created the numbers, you live with them "

Foamer Pyle

Package sizes do not go in cycles, thats abserd. Ever since this company decided to increase the weight and size limit, the parcels have gotten bigger, much bigger. The package cars are not designed for the freight we are forced to deliver and I can't remember the last time another driver broke trace to come help a fellow driver out with an over 70. Everyone is dispached to the max, and there is no extra time to help your fellow loop buddy.

brown bomber

brown bomber
They tried a similar stunt w/ me about 15 yrs. ago...275 stops in a rental..w/ a helper that had to use pkg. from the back of the vehicle as a SEAT...no seatbelt

I brought back over 100 stops and ran 4 hrs. late...guess what I'm still here

This past peak...mgt. had an error in the dispatch..on the route I've been on for the past 12 yrs..overdispatched by 75 stops..ran 3.75 hrs late after giving away 60+ stops..

the next morning they apologized

BCFan

Mgnment contantly gives me two over 9.5 days a week and three under (because I GET the penalty pay) ,so with this in mind I do regularly send msgs for assist with over 70's...it really pisses em off but they know I will sit at a stop for as long as it takes to get the help. One tome a stupidvisor told me to let the wait period be my lunch break...I told him that was not possible. Agitated he asked why I couldn't take my lunch? I replied there was no Waitress there to take my meal order.... BC

browniehound

Mgnment contantly gives me two over 9.5 days a week and three under (because I GET the penalty pay) ,so with this in mind I do regularly send msgs for assist with over 70's...it really pisses em off but they know I will sit at a stop for as long as it takes to get the help. One tome a stupidvisor told me to let the wait period be my lunch break...I told him that was not possible. Agitated he asked why I couldn't take my lunch? I replied there was no Waitress there to take my meal order.... BC

BC, you must piss off all the drivers in your area. Its one thing if you really need the help, like a 150 lb package going up 3 flights of stairs, but to call for help when you can easily push a 75 lb package on a 2-wheeler and roll it into a building just to piss management off would drive me nuts.

over9five

Staff member
"you must piss off all the drivers in your area"

Wouldn't piss me off. I'd be LMAO as I drove across town to help with that over 70. Easiest OT you'll ever make. We are guaranteed Teamster help with every one of those.

CHA CHING!!!

W

westsideworma

there is no standard of productivity. when will you and the corporate lackeys learn to understand this? No someone can't move as though they're underwater, but if they are working as fast as they are able (meaning the best they can) that is all that matters.

I am a preloader so for my numbers its all about pph. I know my pph and I know it is higher than what they wanted when I got there (170pph, I'm at 200). On the PAS card they handed out it said 3 ppm so that equals 180PPH which I'm still above. I know there is no standard, 200 is just what I end up with while I work. If it is lower, unless I'm sick, its not likely due to me, its due to less volume or being held later to do the NDAs at the end.

This company is pushing too much for numbers (to cut start times) and most of the preloaders (hell everyone not just us lowly preloaders) could care less. They will NOT work faster because most know they don't have to. I am not going to kill myself to get 250pph when I know 200 is more than enough. Why do that? just so some bigshot gets a raise for getting us off the clock? What do I get? a smaller paycheck and tendinitis or muscle strains to go with it...yea thats worth it. Even our PT supes think its ridiculous because no one wants to go the extra mile for them anymore, even people who normally would. You start cutting into someones pay, they are going to be less willing to help you out. I know they are just doing what they're told but its a bit absurd. If this is Mike Eskews grand plan to save money, I think this company is in trouble. Start trimming the fat where its needed...the supes that just walk around staring at the lights or the ones chucking pencils into the suspended ceilings in some of the offices...yea we really need those kind of people. Clearly they must be serving a higher purpose that I (just a lowly hourly) can not comprehend.

bottom line its supposed to be an honest days work for an honest days pay. If they tell you otherwise they're just trying to "motivate" you.:lol:

local804

Sorry Sir
This is not an attitude, its reality. I work my pace with or without a supervisor on the truck. The intimidation game might work with a rookie but wont fly with me. 10 stops bulk vs 10 stops small bags dont take the same time and you dont need a degree in the UPS brainwash school to tell you that one. I am not hear to break the contract, I am here to enforce it. It isnt a teamster contract, its the collective bargaining agreement BETWEEN Local 804 AND UPS. Instead of hiding under a 81604 title, why dont you join us.