Does This Sound Like Anyone You Know?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Like it or not FedEx is a family.
A dysfunctional family at best.

Fred and MT3 are the abusive parents, the management thinks they're better than their stupid redheaded step brothers and sisters called couriers and the pilots are favored by "dad" with a much bigger allowance.

MAKAVELI

It is about ones point of view. But is also about all of us together.

Absolutely. There is no I in team. We all are in this together. I do have a retirement route but I run my butt off just all of us, if you work here.

I don't leave anyone behind. As a matter of fact our work group services the end our stations delivery area. I stay out and drop my outbound 2 out of 4 nights because we are all in this together. It's not even Halloween yet, much less Thanksgiving. Peak is right around the corner and we will have some snow this year at prime time.

I am a veteran of FedEx and I'm proud of it. I will help anyone in the station if they need it. The hour break is killing us in the extended areas. A lot of couriers are moaning because they have to take an extra :30 minutes and they are home at 18:00. That :30 minutes in our group equates to 2.5 reduction of window. We have to take a break and no 01's. It is what it is. Don't like it, our customers are suffering but we are wad. Again we are all in this together.

My wife shuttles the freight, runs her route and takes the freight back. She is working harder than I am and not topped out. I have personal knowledge of the plight of the mid-range couriers. Is it fair that she works harder than I do and makes less money? I ran her route on Monday, my normal day off, had 5 lates and got an olcc Tuesday.

Our station has about 60 drivers. I got drafted Sat and Mon last week, twice in three days, my normal days off. Is that fair? Did anyone else get it twice in three days? Veteran this...Veteran that... Whatever!! My mentality is to help anyone who needs it. No screw you here. I don't have mine yet, but am working on it. I deserve 13 more years if the dice roll that way.

Like it or not FedEx is a family. The pilots are flying tonight so we can drive in the morning.
You obviously live in a different reality than I do. Should I give you the red pill? Do you tell your wife, I know you work harder than me for less money but it is what it is? 13 more years? Shi t you'll be lucky to be working part time here in 3 years. Don't you see the writing on the wall? Or is it all purple to you?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Exactly. Why is that?
Because of them being unionized, Fred can't just walk all over them. They are paid more than fairly and with guaranteed pay increases. Also an excellent insurance plan and a very good retirement.

Sniper

Do you tell your wife, I know you work harder than me for less money but it is what it is?

No she works for FedEx. She is my wife and knows she works harder than I do. I was just at "start" a little earlier than she was. I did tell my SM I don't know how she does it (on Mondays) with the hour break, got an olcc Tues and haven't ran the route since March.

You know the "writing on the wall" is a Biblical statement about dreams, and I didn't make this up either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not deflecting at all.

It is very easy to quote here. Those were your words not mine. I don't like being misquoted and neither does anyone else. I supported Herman Cain all the way, NOT because he was black. He was NOT a career politician and he also ran a a large business. He had some real world experience outside DC's beltway. I'm sure the "Republican party" dug up some dirt because he was not a politician. I think he is an honorable man with honorable intentions.

I disagree with the POTUS for political reasons not racial reasons. I explained the facts of operation "fast and furious". No one even got fired, much less indicted. Executive "privilege" was claimed and the bodies are still stacking up at the border over total abuse of government power. The whole "operation" was to blame the evil mechanical devise, not the heart or motives. It blew up in their face and everyone went ducking for cover. Brian Terry a border patrol agent got killed with one of the guns that "walked" across the border thanks to the Holder department of "justice". There was not justice in the operation at all. A truly sad day for American Law Enforcement.

Social security and Medicare are another housing bubble waiting to pop. Taxpayers our age are still paying in and will never reap the rewards. I hope I am wrong but just in case I have a back up plan. Obama care is the largest intrusion of the federal government into each one of our lives, whether your a Democrat, Republican, Liberal, or Conservative.

I like the libertarian party the best. Individual freedom, less government and personal responsibility. It bothers me to no end when the race card is played because political viewpoints are different. Its just another from of distraction from the issues at hand. I really hope Obama care works out because we are paying for it a year early.

During the last four years the debit has skyrocketed and the rich just got richer. Time will tell, it always does.

I stopped reading when you said you supported Herman Cain. That tells me everything I need to know.

MAKAVELI

"You know the "writing on the wall" is a Biblical statement about dreams, and I didn't make this up either".
That makes sense since Fred S is your messiah.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A dysfunctional family at best.

Fred and MT3 are the abusive parents, the management thinks they're better than their stupid redheaded step brothers and sisters called couriers and the pilots are favored by "dad" with a much bigger allowance.

FedEx is "family", just like the Manson Family, and the Addams Family. A horror.

MAKAVELI

Not deflecting at all.

It is very easy to quote here. Those were your words not mine. I don't like being misquoted and neither does anyone else. I supported Herman Cain all the way, NOT because he was black. He was NOT a career politician and he also ran a a large business. He had some real world experience outside DC's beltway. I'm sure the "Republican party" dug up some dirt because he was not a politician. I think he is an honorable man with honorable intentions.

I disagree with the POTUS for political reasons not racial reasons. I explained the facts of operation "fast and furious". No one even got fired, much less indicted. Executive "privilege" was claimed and the bodies are still stacking up at the border over total abuse of government power. The whole "operation" was to blame the evil mechanical devise, not the heart or motives. It blew up in their face and everyone went ducking for cover. Brian Terry a border patrol agent got killed with one of the guns that "walked" across the border thanks to the Holder department of "justice". There was not justice in the operation at all. A truly sad day for American Law Enforcement.

Social security and Medicare are another housing bubble waiting to pop. Taxpayers our age are still paying in and will never reap the rewards. I hope I am wrong but just in case I have a back up plan. Obama care is the largest intrusion of the federal government into each one of our lives, whether your a Democrat, Republican, Liberal, or Conservative.

I like the libertarian party the best. Individual freedom, less government and personal responsibility. It bothers me to no end when the race card is played because political viewpoints are different. Its just another from of distraction from the issues at hand. I really hope Obama care works out because we are paying for it a year early.

During the last four years the debit has skyrocketed and the rich just got richer. Time will tell, it always does.

I stopped reading when you said you supported Herman Cain. That tells me everything I need to know.
Didn't he have a $9.99 tax plan. Or was he just plugging the price of his pizzas? Lol

Sniper

Hillary is still with "slick willie", ask Monica she knows. Really...is that where this "intercourse" is going?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hillary is still with "slick willie", ask Monica she knows. Really...is that where this "intercourse" is going?

True, but Herman was really effing dumb. Clinton is really effing smart.,,,and so is his wife, our future president. Big difference there.

Sniper

Time will tell. Hope so if that's the way the dice roll. She if she will do the AWB Clinton 2.0. Votes matter.

Sniper

This is why I do what I do. I love my boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZW9vN-eSPc

If I recall this was in 2010 when Daddy was coming home from Iraq for the second time. He is leaving for Jordon in two weeks. I double dog dare anyone to blame that one on W. I just hope kids and Mom can hang in 10-E-C for 8 months.

It is what is its. And I love my job most days. It could be a tad better.

Goldilocks

At our station, we had a guy that would stomp on shower doors shipped by Home Depot. He had a Home Depot on his route and would get shower doors quite often. The manager would watch, laugh and walk away. This Manager is now a senior....

dezguy

It is about ones point of view. But is also about all of us together. You know like the USMC. I can see how you" have it good" but trust me those " retirement routes" are too few and far in between. A lot of us work like dogs, working am and pm sorts and running a full route every day. Would you leave one of your comrades in the line of fire to save yourself. Hell no. Well just because you have a cherry route in an economically depressed area where you have nothing else but McDonald's doesn't mean everyone one else has it as good as you. Your mentality of I got mine so screw you is very rampant with the topped out veterans.

This is a huge problem at my station. So many guys are less than 10 years from retirement and just don't give a damn about the rest of us who still have 20+ years to go (if we can even make it that long). They got theirs and to hell with the rest of us.

vantexan

This is a huge problem at my station. So many guys are less than 10 years from retirement and just don't give a damn about the rest of us who still have 20+ years to go (if we can even make it that long). They got theirs and to hell with the rest of us.

That's really not fair to the topped out people. They've put up with alot of crap for much longer than a 5 year employee. It's not their fault they got a better deal. The blame lies squarely on the company. The question isn't why aren't they putting their necks on the line after so many years of B.S.? The question is why do people with greatly reduced pay and benefits continue to work for a company that lies over and over? It's not up to others to rescue you. It's up to you to hit the pavement and find something better. The people who had the power to "rescue" your future turned their backs on you several years ago. The older employees are just glad they got in early enough and that it's almost over for them.