Does time fly?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Same reason we end up with the better end of most contracts. We care more.

I would say over 90% of drivers consider this a career where most part timers do not feel that way.

Careful, 'he who hasn't a clue' is going to get his driver's license and chase Scott out of Atlanta. You'll be answering to him before you know it.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Careful, 'he who hasn't a clue' is going to get his driver's license and chase Scott out of Atlanta. You'll be answering to him before you know it.

Had my drivers license for 4-5 months now. Been driving my car for about a month now. Be careful, this isn't your typical part timer.

Notretiredyet

I can still remember the day before I passed the audition, the center manager at the time rode with me for the day. When he got in the truck he put his mug of coffee on the dash, then told me not to spill it and get going. Didn't spill a drop and it taught me how to drive smoothly, which I practice to this day. That was 29 yrs ago. But I've got to admit these last few years till I retire seem to be dragging.

9.5er

I went on a safety ride once where the sup put his coke on the dash. Told me not to knock it over. Two corners later it was out the door in a ditch. Oops.

I can still remember the day before I passed the audition, the center manager at the time rode with me for the day. When he got in the truck he put his mug of coffee on the dash, then told me not to spill it and get going. Didn't spill a drop and it taught me how to drive smoothly, which I practice to this day. That was 29 yrs ago. But I've got to admit these last few years till I retire seem to be dragging.
Hence the name not retired yet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol the way I was trained would of been more like. Smash the accelerator I better not be able to just set my coffe on the dash. That's why we have cup holders.

didyousheetit

I've been doing this 29 years also. 30 this August. I also had sup put coffee on dash. Years later a part timer wanted to learn before he took his on road center manager didn't care if I taught him. I did that same thing to him, put the Styrofoam cup on dash. We worked on it for two hours. Took his test passed with flying colors

Sent using BrownCafe App

Just curious for all the drivers. Since your so busy and everything is time sensitive, does your time fly?

The harder I work, the quicker the hours go by.
Unexpectedly, the closer I get to retirement, the quicker the days go by. -20 degrees, heavy peak, etc - I no longer care!