Does time fly?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Scuderia1, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Scuderia1

Scuderia1 Member

Just curious for all the drivers. Since your so busy and everything is time sensitive, does your time fly?

2. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

More so when I am on vacation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Yes. Felt like last week I was 17. Why is everything gotta be for drivers only on this site?

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Same reason we end up with the better end of most contracts. We care more.

I would say over 90% of drivers consider this a career where most part timers do not feel that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Careful, 'he who hasn't a clue' is going to get his driver's license and chase Scott out of Atlanta. You'll be answering to him before you know it.

6. you aint even know it

Oh yeah, I see.

7. you aint even know it

Had my drivers license for 4-5 months now. Been driving my car for about a month now. Be careful, this isn't your typical part timer.

8. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

We're all aware of that.

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

10. Back first

Back first Active Member

Yep sure does. Seems like just yesterday's I started driving . That was 14 years ago only 15 more.

11. Scuderia1

Scuderia1 Member

haha nice

12. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You're a joke

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There are days when the pkgs seem to fly off the pkg car-----there are also days when it feels as though you have to push them off.

Today was definitely the former.

14. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

I can still remember the day before I passed the audition, the center manager at the time rode with me for the day. When he got in the truck he put his mug of coffee on the dash, then told me not to spill it and get going. Didn't spill a drop and it taught me how to drive smoothly, which I practice to this day. That was 29 yrs ago. But I've got to admit these last few years till I retire seem to be dragging.

15. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

I went on a safety ride once where the sup put his coke on the dash. Told me not to knock it over. Two corners later it was out the door in a ditch. Oops.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. Marne Vet

Marne Vet Well-Known Member

Some days. It depends. Weeks seem to go by pretty quick, and I can't believe I have two decades doing this job now. I'll probably die in a UPS uniform.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Hence the name not retired yet.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol the way I was trained would of been more like. Smash the accelerator I better not be able to just set my coffe on the dash. That's why we have cup holders.

19. didyousheetit

didyousheetit Active Member

I've been doing this 29 years also. 30 this August. I also had sup put coffee on dash. Years later a part timer wanted to learn before he took his on road center manager didn't care if I taught him. I did that same thing to him, put the Styrofoam cup on dash. We worked on it for two hours. Took his test passed with flying colors

Sent using BrownCafe App

20. justcrankn

justcrankn New Member

The harder I work, the quicker the hours go by.
    Unexpectedly, the closer I get to retirement, the quicker the days go by. -20 degrees, heavy peak, etc - I no longer care!