Does UPS care at all about employee morale?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
How strange?? I blast Socks and what do you know....My post goes away. Did I step on someones toes??? Or does Socks run the show here??? :dissapointed:

The Milkman,

May I remind you that I sent you this PM after I deleted your post!

Your comments to UPSsocks go against our terms of service.

2.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, their occupation or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

Please refrain from insulting anyone...

Thanks,

Tony

This goes for both you and Socks!

The "word" irregardless is not a word at all. More like a gutteral expression brought over from peasants from Europe that settled in the NE:

The origin of irregardless is not known for certain, but the speculation among references is that it may be a blend, or portmanteau word, of irrespective and regardless, both of which are commonly accepted standard English words. By blending these words, an illogical word is created. Another possibility is that when people say "irregardless" they are following the pattern of words like "irrelevant", "irrational" and "irregular". "Since the prefix ir- means 'not' (as it does with irrespective), and the suffix -less means 'without,' irregardless is a double negative."[1] According to the Oxford English Dictionary, Irregardless was first acknowledged in 1912 by the Wentworth American Dialect Dictionary as originating from western Indiana. Barely a decade later, the usage dispute over irregardless was such that, in 1923, Literary Digest published an article titled "Is There Such a Word as Irregardless in the English Language
By using the info that you provided rebukes the claim that irregardless is not a word at all, it is a word....not a good one, but a word.

The Milkman

The Milkman,

2.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, their occupation or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony, I understand your point however, I did not feel that I went over the line. After over 25 years of dealing with management and the ways that I saw them treating my union brothers prompted my response. I don't know if you are a teamster but reading Socks posts to me and others are belitteing to current and retired ( like me) drivers who built this company and the growth that followed since I was hired back in 81. It is because of US. Guys like socks take the credit for the success of UPS and gloat when they hand over a charity check in front of the press that has no idea what goes on behind the scenes of Big Brown. If my opinion which I am entitled to is censored then I guess this forum is only going to sugar coat our thoughts. And yes ,I would tell Socks to his face what I think if I was still employed and I have over the years had my words with management and I still made it to the finish line. Socks may be just a clown to stir things up and if that is the case then I will treat his posts as meaningless as I still feel for my current Brothers and Sisters who are on the front lines everyday..Peace!!!!!!!!

UPSSOCKS

Tony, I understand your point however, I did not feel that I went over the line. After over 25 years of dealing with management and the ways that I saw them treating my union brothers prompted my response. I don't know if you are a teamster but reading Socks posts to me and others are belitteing to current and retired ( like me) drivers who built this company and the growth that followed since I was hired back in 81. It is because of US. Guys like socks take the credit for the success of UPS and gloat when they hand over a charity check in front of the press that has no idea what goes on behind the scenes of Big Brown. If my opinion which I am entitled to is censored then I guess this forum is only going to sugar coat our thoughts. And yes ,I would tell Socks to his face what I think if I was still employed and I have over the years had my words with management and I still made it to the finish line. Socks may be just a clown to stir things up and if that is the case then I will treat his posts as meaningless as I still feel for my current Brothers and Sisters who are on the front lines everyday..Peace!!!!!!!!

What you are missing is, if I didn't tell you how to build it, it never would of got built. You were instructed your whole short career on what to do and how to do it. So with that being said I would like to say, you're welcome. As far as behind the scenes. What behind the scenes footage have you saw? If you think the work you did in the trenches is behind the scenes then I pity you.

One more thing. As you all know I am soon to be knighted as a Mod, so I will leave you with this:

Anyone can verbally attack you violating the terms of service, but it takes a genius to verbally attack you without breaking the rules.

UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS

The Milkman,

Thanks,

Tony

Thank you for defending me Tony, I only hope I can be half the Mod you are....

DS

Fenderbender
you called socks a name.Most folks here agreed,Name calling is kinder~gardeny so we don't allow it.
please feel free to rephrase your thoughts

The Milkman

you called socks a name.Most folks here agreed,Name calling is kinder~gardeny so we don't allow it.
please feel free to rephrase your thoughts

I don't know about you but when I was younger it was" Sticks and Stones may break my bones but NAMES will never hurt me" Sorry I said such a terrible name to ignite this forum, I will be a good boy from now on...I Promise not to hurt anyone's feelings:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

UPSSOCKS

I don't know about you but when I was younger it was" Sticks and Stones may break my bones but NAMES will never hurt me" Sorry I said such a terrible name to ignite this forum, I will be a good boy from now on...I Promise not to hurt anyone's feelings:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

I'm starting to wonder if you are really a retired employee of UPS. You have a childish posting style... I'm calling BS on BC...

22.34life

In March of 2008 I got a call about noon that my mother was dying 200 miles away. I called the center and asked them if they could help me out; they said come back to the center and they would see what they could do. When I pulled up, my supe came out, and although wasn't real pleased about it, told me "I want you to be there".

To this day, that simple act did the most for my morale and I will never forget what my supe said to me- I will do just about anything for her still.

I made it to my mom's bedside and had my goodbyes- You can't put a price on that in my book.

to me this story shows how far down its gone,if your mother was about to pass away of course they should have let you leave.even if they had no one to finish the route they should have let you go.whats more important those packages making service or being with your dying mother.no thought should have been put into that decision,its a no brainer.if this is a gauge of how well managment treats us than its gotten pretty bad.

22.34life

If it didn't suck we wouldn't get paid to do it. If it was fun we could sell tickets. If it was pleasant we might at least get some volunteers from the old folks home. Every job I ever had sucked. At least this one pays pretty well.
very true,in the end it is what you make of it.the people that say they hate this job would probably hate any job.if you were an a**hole before you got to ups you are probably still an a**hole,and ups has nothing to do with it.if its so bad here where does the line start to quit,because i dont see one.

muzzbrown

We had a guy do 2 tours in Afganistan and said that it was better over there. The only solace I can take is I'm making way more money than I did last year. My new motto is " *** pay me".

Last edited by a moderator:

Re-Raise

My new motto is " *** pay me".

Same here. If they are stupid enough to lay drivers off and pay the rest of us 2.5 hours a day in overtime... who am I to question their wisdom.

Just tell them to be prepared to pay me accordingly... because it is going to cost them.

The day seems to go pretty well when you decide first thing in the morning that you couldn't care less what time you get done.

Brownnblue

I drove for less than a year.... Why is it so mentally challenging.... Follow orders, pretty simple...

Perhaps a large part of the problem is that we are receiving these orders and instructions from people who can not spell a simple seven letter word. Perhaps your communication skills are just not that "greet".