does UPS drug screen?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by newb, Oct 23, 2011.

1. newb

newb New Member

just curious, does ups require drug tests to become hired? i have been offered the job, have orientation tomorrow, and was told the offer was contingent upon the completion of a background check, the hr lady never spoke of any drug screening. im just curious, ive heard all type of answers on the internet so i thought i ask some UPSers. thanks for your honest replies. if you were drug screened can you please say what your postion/department is. thanks.
  2. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Member

No, not as far as I know. They only test drivers after accidents if they appear to be under the influence of something.

My advice, lay off the drugs, as a part-timer you won't be able to afford them anyway.
  3. upsguy72

upsguy72 The Berkshires

Only if you give them a reason to. If your show up to work High or drunk your going to eventually have problems.
  4. Harry Manback

Harry Manback Robot Extraordinaire

Yes, they do. Part-time package handlers especially. It's a pretty in-depth test too. From what I've heard, they test for everything from banana peels to Jenkem. You better study hard. On second thought, it might even be best to not show. I don't mean to frighten you away, it's just that you might have a better shot at getting Top Secret clearance from the Pentagon if you're a doper trying to get hired at Big Brown.
  5. newb

newb New Member

youre the first person to ever say they screen parttimers, ive read all over the internet that not even package car drivers get drug screened unless they cause an accident or give reason to believe they are users. what the heck does a banana peel do for people anyway???
  6. newb

newb New Member

also just for the record im ready to be drug tested if necessary, i just want to know what to expect, i would assume drug testing would come before paid orientation anyways.
  7. nystripe96

nystripe96 Member

Read next time
  8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

does UPS drug screen?

That's a question I've never had to worry about.
  9. newb

newb New Member

read what??? not sure what youre getting at
  10. If you don't use then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
  11. newb

newb New Member

i didnt necessaryily say i dont use, i said im prepared to pass the drug screen, i quit smoking a few months ago before i started my job search, i was never a heavy user, usually just around the holidays or birthday. i am mature enough to realize my priorities but at the same time i dont see marijuana as a drug like other drugs, cocaine, pcp, x, prescription drugs, heroine and the sorts. plus i have ankylosing spondylitis and my rheumatologist isnt against it :happy-very:
  12. Shryp

Shryp Member

I am with everyone else. I have heard that they could screen you after an "incident", but haven't heard of any part timers in my building being tested.
  13. newb

newb New Member

what about full timers, non drivers, SCS????
  14. nystripe96

nystripe96 Member

Banana peels
  15. nystripe96

nystripe96 Member

You won't be drug screened. Maybe drivers not PT
  16. newb

newb New Member

im not part time im a full time dockworker, for scs. but ive read everywhere that they dont drug test without reasonable suspicion. i just hope when my birthday comes around they dont "find" suspicion ;)
  17. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Hey, newb. I heard a rumor. They are gonna start testing anyone who has been with the company less than 5 years the day after their birthday. :rofl:
  18. newb

newb New Member

19. over9five

over9five Senior Member

Lol@ how we get this question about every three weeks!
  20. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If UPS did drug test, they would lose 90% of preloads everywhere!!! :rofl: