does UPS drug screen?

newb

just curious, does ups require drug tests to become hired? i have been offered the job, have orientation tomorrow, and was told the offer was contingent upon the completion of a background check, the hr lady never spoke of any drug screening. im just curious, ive heard all type of answers on the internet so i thought i ask some UPSers. thanks for your honest replies. if you were drug screened can you please say what your postion/department is. thanks.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No, not as far as I know. They only test drivers after accidents if they appear to be under the influence of something.

My advice, lay off the drugs, as a part-timer you won't be able to afford them anyway.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Yes, they do. Part-time package handlers especially. It's a pretty in-depth test too. From what I've heard, they test for everything from banana peels to Jenkem. You better study hard. On second thought, it might even be best to not show. I don't mean to frighten you away, it's just that you might have a better shot at getting Top Secret clearance from the Pentagon if you're a doper trying to get hired at Big Brown.

newb

Yes, they do. Part-time package handlers especially. It's a pretty in-depth test too. From what I've heard, they test for everything from banana peels to Jenkem. You better study hard. On second thought, it might even be best to not show. I don't mean to frighten you away, it's just that you might have a better shot at getting Top Secret clearance from the Pentagon if you're a doper trying to get hired at Big Brown.

youre the first person to ever say they screen parttimers, ive read all over the internet that not even package car drivers get drug screened unless they cause an accident or give reason to believe they are users. what the heck does a banana peel do for people anyway???

newb

also just for the record im ready to be drug tested if necessary, i just want to know what to expect, i would assume drug testing would come before paid orientation anyways.

newb

i didnt necessaryily say i dont use, i said im prepared to pass the drug screen, i quit smoking a few months ago before i started my job search, i was never a heavy user, usually just around the holidays or birthday. i am mature enough to realize my priorities but at the same time i dont see marijuana as a drug like other drugs, cocaine, pcp, x, prescription drugs, heroine and the sorts. plus i have ankylosing spondylitis and my rheumatologist isnt against it :happy-very:

Shryp

I am with everyone else. I have heard that they could screen you after an "incident", but haven't heard of any part timers in my building being tested.

newb

im not part time im a full time dockworker, for scs. but ive read everywhere that they dont drug test without reasonable suspicion. i just hope when my birthday comes around they dont "find" suspicion ;)

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hey, newb. I heard a rumor. They are gonna start testing anyone who has been with the company less than 5 years the day after their birthday. :rofl: