Does UPS ever deliver before the scheduled delivery date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
International shipping is a very tricky purchase....there is alot of delays (more than usual)....that UPS or any other shipping co. has control over.

The other day I had a package for a lady. It was express saver from China. She had to pay the brockerage fee on the shipment and was not happy. She said she already paid shipping. This is a surprise for most on international shipments. They are not prepared to pay the extra to get it through customs.

SCV good to go sir.

I love when people order stuff they have to have before vacation. Then at noon are calling in where are you I'm leaving for vacation.

We had some woman do this during last peak. She ordered a sweater that she had to have before she left on Sunday for her Christmas vacation to a local mountain resort. Unfortunately for her, the package wasn't expected to be delivered until the Monday before Christmas even though the trailer was already in our hub that Saturday. I don't know how but this woman must have been someone important because she called corporate and sure enough the order came down to the Saturday operation manager, get that :censored2:ing package. Anyways my buddy and I come back from taking the shuttle when we see a skeleton crew left over dedicated solely to finding the woman's package. Guys unloading the truck and putting stuff on the belt or two adjacent ones. 5 sorters just spreading everything all over the slide. By the time we got there all these areas were backed up, so we started putting the boxes in front of the dock doors past the adjacent ones and shoving what was left in the trailer to the sides all along the trailer. The air operation manager asked us to help (at around 7 pm). :censored2: it, it's top rate and overtime at this point. The second to last wall, that's where this :censored2:ing woman's Christmas sweater was. Then everything had to be shoved back into the trailer.

I'd bet a paycheck that she never wore that sweater again after her Christmas trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.