Does UPS ever hire full time?

UPSGUY72

I want to work for UPS, but part time at $8.50 just wont be enough for me to live. If I worked FT I could manage. Does UPS ever hire FT?

They do but you have a better chance of getting hit by lighting. The only way your going to be gaurenteed a opportunity to go full time is to start part time. Which means that you'll have to get another job also.

nocturnalbuck

i was under the assumption pre-ups that you had to work part time for many years to eventually get a full time job. i fortunately applied at the right time prior to them hiring a ft'er "off the street". i had to "try-out" through a peak season as a seasonal then they dumped me only to re-hire as a full timer. i got lucky.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
There is a complex rotational process that says so many pt hires per ft hire. You would have to literally be "picked' as the one they want out of near obscurity in the right spot on the rotation, and there's always a line of choices for those spots, and they are usually pt mgmt that decides to "go driving". It's a long shot risk to try to hang on while the wheel of hires rotates into position. Plus if you get on as pt and later go ft, all that time counts toward your seniority and retirement, but not so if you just wait it out on the outside.

brownrodster

I want to work for UPS, but part time at $8.50 just wont be enough for me to live. If I worked FT I could manage. Does UPS ever hire FT?

It's been almost 4 years since my building last hired someone off the street for full time. Our next off the street hire could be years down the line.

old levi's

blank space

Most of the active full time people you see working at ups worked a regular day job after their night shift and they did it for years. Thirteen years in my case. It's not for everybody.

Also, don't know about the rest of the country but here if you are a straight,white male your chances for outside hire are slightly less than ZERO.

island1fox

:sad-little:The way the Economy is today and the spending the politicians are doing ----it will be a very long time for anyone ,anywhere in any company to be hired to a permanent full time position ---the worst is yet to come --wait until the additional health insurance costs hits all business---they will be shrinking --not growing .

rossco

me and two other guys in my building were worked as casuals for christmas of 07 and were then hired right away for full time with no lay off or anything. i consider myself very lucky. last christmas my building didnt keep anyone and didnt hire any help this summer to help out with vacations