Does ups have any pt driver positions?

Bankrupt

Fed ex employee here (18 yrs driving experience), I will be looking for a new job in the near future and was wondering if ups had any positions that I may qualify for?

UPSGUY72

Fed ex employee here (18 yrs driving experience), I will be looking for a new job in the near future and was wondering if ups had any positions that I may qualify for?

The only guaranteed way to get a package car driving job with UPS is to start working as a PT package handler. You could apply for a casual driver position (June - Dec) and hope that you get the 1 position in the 6-1 inside to outside package car hire ratio but you could be waiting years. Actually you could be waiting years both ways but at least working on the inside you building a pension and have bennys as a casual you don't have either.

HomeDelivery

no, you can also start filling out the temp seasonal driving positions that are starting to pop up on the ups human resources website...do that NOW! so they have time to do a quick background check on you & get the ball rolling. you already have your DOT medical card, right? so that will already show them that you're currently fit to drive out there

become one of those & show them what you got & it all depends on the local hub if they'll keep you on FT or as a TCD

Bankrupt

The only guaranteed way to get a package car driving job with UPS is to start working as a PT package handler. You could apply for a casual driver position (June - Dec) and hope that you get the 1 position in the 6-1 inside to outside package car hire ratio but you could be waiting years. Actually you could be waiting years both ways but at least working on the inside you building a pension and have bennys as a casual you don't have either.
Thx for the info, the airport is very near my house. I have heard people speak of the position of air driver. Any info on what that's about? Are these drivers dispatched from the airport or local terminals like ft drivers. Same (pay your dues) in the building criteria req'd?

whiskers

Thx for the info, the airport is very near my house. I have heard people speak of the position of air driver. Any info on what that's about? Are these drivers dispatched from the airport or local terminals like ft drivers. Same (pay your dues) in the building criteria req'd?

Air driver is a bid job going to the employee with the highest seniority that signed the bid sheet. So yes, same "pay your dues" building criteria req'd. These drivers are dispatched out of local terminals like ft drivers.

MDupsernj

If your in nj my building is begging for drivers no ptmers wanna do it and none of the casuals are any good. I was a casual last year I got called back in may...

B

bowflex

If your in nj my building is begging for drivers no ptmers wanna do it and none of the casuals are any good. I was a casual last year I got called back in may...
which HUB? I heard Lawnside was looking for drivers but when i spoke to a friend who just got hired for seasonal he said they aren't looking anymore. I just started in the city but would definitely love to work in Jersey.

B

bowflex

Sorry if this is a double post but looks like the first one didn't register. which HUB?

MassWineGuy

Definitely search the UPS job site for seasonal drivers. I think I'm about to get one after two seasons as a driver's helper.

MDupsernj

which HUB? I heard Lawnside was looking for drivers but when i spoke to a friend who just got hired for seasonal he said they aren't looking anymore. I just started in the city but would definitely love to work in Jersey.

Parsippany. We have 3 centers and I KNOW 2 of them are dying for people. None of the casuals are working out. And no part timers are interested. I was outside hire from last peak season I made my book in June.