Does UPS make you join the union?

UPSGUY72

What kind of Question is that. Someone who ask a question like that must not want to be in a union.

If you don't want to be in the union then please work for someone other than UPS because people who don't want to be in the union only make the union weaker.

The union is what gets us among other things an honest pay for a days work, good health insurance (free) and job security to name a few.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
What kind of Question is that. Someone who ask a question like that must not want to be in a union.

If you don't want to be in the union then please work for someone other than UPS because people who don't want to be in the union only make the union weaker.

The union is what gets us among other things an honest pay for a days work, good health insurance (free) and job security to name a few.

He was asking a question he didnt have an answer too give him a break

New Englander

I love how we all can say we get "free" health insurance because of the Union!

Yet we pay three times our hourly rate here in Union dues. $84 a month or so.

Nothing is free.

JonFrum

Must every employee join the Union? Or is it optional? Thanks.
It's optional.

In a Right-To-Work State, you do not have to join or pay any money to the Union.

In the other States, you do not have to join, but you do have to pay a non-member "agency fee" instead of dues, to cover the cost of collective bargaining and grievance processing.

The Law is explained here . . .
http://www.nrtw.org/a/a_1_p.htm

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen

Yo - UPSGUY - consider decaff...

barnyard

KTM rider

Nothing is free.

In my area, it is still an EXCELLENT value. If I did not have benefits, we would be paying $350/month to be enrolled in the health insurance program where my wife works. That would be JUST FOR INSURANCE, no retirement, no dental, no eyecare.

3 times my hourly wage, once a month is a great bargain.

TB

bste11

King of UPS
Man **** the union. I had to join. I asked my HR guy (the one present while I did my new forms today) and he said it was a necessary evil. This is bull****, I'm only working here til December 31, and MAYBE after that and I have to pay for it??

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family

i agree 100%. with the union, but not the way this question was answered, he was only asking b/c he didn't know. i think the union is a good thing. my position was not a union position. i wanted to unionize very badly. we were unable to. but not everyone has to agree.:angry:

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Man **** the union. I had to join. I asked my HR guy (the one present while I did my new forms today) and he said it was a necessary evil. This is bull****, I'm only working here til December 31, and MAYBE after that and I have to pay for it??

McDonald's is non-union--maybe you would fit in better there.

dragracer66

Nothing is free.
Are you a frigging nut???? Your bitchin about paying $84 a month (or $21 a week which you can easliy make that up) for union dues which in turn give you job security and a decent pension. Go work somewhere else where there is no union and pay $150 per week for health care and if you look at them wrong they will fire you for no reason. At least if you get fired here for no reason you not only will get your job back you would get back pay!!!! Wake Up Brother!!!!

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I have six kids, an ex and a current wife. All covered by UPS Health, Medical, Dental Ins. I'd venture to say my benefits far outweigh what I have been paid thus far.

Easily.

one

bste11

King of UPS
Quit hi-jacking my thread. This is all irrelevant. A few people understood the issue- the fact that I am probably going to have to pay to join the union, when I am only going to be employed for a few weeks.

dragracer66

Quit hi-jacking my thread. This is all irrelevant. A few people understood the issue- the fact that I am probably going to have to pay to join the union, when I am only going to be employed for a few weeks.
You have to work 30 days before you have to join the union. So to answer you question no you don't have to join. Also if you post on here its going to get " hi jacked"