Does UPS make you join the union?

New Englander

Are you a frigging nut???? Your bitchin about paying $84 a month (or $21 a week which you can easliy make that up) for union dues which in turn give you job security and a decent pension. Go work somewhere else where there is no union and pay $150 per week for health care and if you look at them wrong they will fire you for no reason. At least if you get fired here for no reason you not only will get your job back you would get back pay!!!! Wake Up Brother!!!!

Hey donkey......
Why don't you work on your reading comprehension.
Smarten Up Brother!!!!!!

New Englander

Oh I'm sorry I see your from The new england area I s h o u l d h a v e w r o t e s l o w e r friend o r y o u!

You call me stupid? At the very least I would understand that in trying to look like I was typing slower.....I would double space the individual words to offset the spacing of the letters.

Not doing that would look, well.......stupid.

dragracer66

Hey.......I think you showed your level of intelligence when you complained about paying $84 a month for union dues. Yea that $21 a week is a back breaker. You can make that up with 45 min of o/t a week. I don't know how much time you have at parcel but $84 a month for benefits and security is a bargin just ask any non union trucker who is out of work right now. Thats all I was trying to say earlier.....

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Hey.......I think you showed your level of intelligence when you complained about paying $84 a month for union dues. Yea that $21 a week is a back breaker. You can make that up with 45 min of o/t a week. I don't know how much time you have at parcel but $84 a month for benefits and security is a bargin just ask any non union trucker who is out of work right now. Thats all I was trying to say earlier.....

dragracer - you have to understand - arguing with New Englander is like arguing with rainman. He knows som facts, but has absolutely no way to communicate them, nor does he have the slightest hint of people skills. I believe he is dannyboys younger, slightly slower brother.

New Englander

Yeah it sure does!

I was not complaining about paying Union dues. I was stating that nothing is free. We pay dues to the Union. The benefits are from the Union. So in effect we do not get "free" benefits as someone stated. Not once did I mention anything about it being too much.

You go keep fighting the fight. Your doing a great job!

dragracer66

Yeah it sure does!

I was not complaining about paying Union dues. I was stating that nothing is free. We pay dues to the Union. The benefits are from the Union. So in effect we do not get "free" benefits as someone stated. Not once did I mention anything about it being too much.

You go keep fighting the fight. Your doing a great job!
Your benefits come from the company, not the union!!! Wow you can't be that goofy!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your benefits come from the company, not the union!!! Wow you can't be that goofy!!!!

Maybe you should call yourself Goofy. Our health benefits here are admistered by NYS Teamsters. This includes dental, vision, and medical, to include prescription drug coverage. UPS does contribute to our Health and Welfare Fund but it is administered by the Teamsters.

Here is the link to the NYS Teamsters website if you doubt me:

http://www.nytfund.org

dragracer66

Maybe you should call yourself Goofy. Our health benefits here are admistered by NYS Teamsters. This includes dental, vision, and medical, to include prescription drug coverage. UPS does contribute to our Health and Welfare Fund but it is administered by the Teamsters.

Here is the link to the NYS Teamsters website if you doubt me:

http://www.nytfund.org
Upstate.....I am a big enough guy to stand up when I make a mistake. I stand corrected!!!!!! But still paying $84 a month for that is still a bargin in todays world. Thanks for correcting me......Drag