Does UPS match 401k?

on upsers
Hello, Here's Some Free Money
Your SavingsPLUS match has posted to your 401(k)

Did you know that when you save for retirement in the UPS 401(k) Savings Plan, UPS matches a portion of your contributions each quarter?

That’s right, UPS just puts in money for you. No questions asked, just free money.

The SavingsPLUS match (UPS’s contribution to your 401(k) Plan) for the fourth quarter of 2015 was posted January 25 and is now visible in your account.

Last year, UPS contributed more than $90 million to participants’ accounts through the SavingsPLUS match. So if you’re taking advantage of this money by contributing to your 401(k) account, congratulations on your free money.

If you haven’t increased your contribution in a while, now could be a good time to try to save a little more. For 2016, the maximum contribution limit defined by the IRS is $18,000. If you’re age 50 or older by the end of 2016, you can also make a ‘catch-up’ contribution of 1 to 35 percent of your eligible pay. The maximum ‘catch-up’ contribution is $6,000 for 2016.

You can view your account by visiting the UPS 401(k) Savings Plan website (ID and password required).

If you have stopped contributing or not yet enrolled, access the Plan website to re-start your contributions or enroll so you don’t miss out on future SavingsPLUS benefits. It only takes a few minutes to enroll.

trickpony1

Clearly not the hourly, union 401k.

I'm guessing it's referring to management's 401k which is different than the hourly, union 401k.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The company has never put a penny in my 401K, I wish they would. Only management gets a little contribution.