Does UPS offer some sort of legal help for personal use?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by CHAABA, Jun 29, 2008.

CHAABA New Member

I'm going to guess that the answer is no, but I am in the process of looking for a lawyer for personal reasons (nothing having to do with UPS) and thought I would ask. I see nothing on upsers.
  2. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Nope, no help. What you do on your personal time is your own business. I would not have it any other way.

Besides, would you want one of their lawyers knowing things about your personal life?

3. browndevil

browndevil Active Member

Check with your local Monday morning I know we have legal services included in our benefits
  4. drewed

drewed Shankman

If you go onto UPSers there is a link under my life and career and its called EAP, and they can offer advice on a wide variety of topics.
  5. IWorkAsDirected

IWorkAsDirected Outa browns on 04/30/09

We have elgal services benefits through the union in Western States, check with your local. I've used it, it was completely paid for, limited to certain attorneys.
  6. pkg handler

pkg handler New Member

i know as management you can have 1.50 taken out per check for legal services .. best option available
  7. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Gotta love the Western States for providing free legal aid. We get a paystub every month where they take out about $7-11 (I am not sure about the exact amount) I have known guys who have used them for a divorce lawyer and they say they wouldn't do it again if they had do-overs. Minor matters I think would be OK. Geez, I thought all UPSers had this benefit. Everybody should have this benefit.
  8. outamyway

outamyway New Member

We have some representation here. I got a ticket once while on the way to work. The lawyer went to court for me and all I had to do was pay the fine. He got it reduced to a non moving violation. It was my first ticket in 9 years, I'm sure it would have been reduced anyways. But at least I didn't have to drive downtown:sick:

I heard there's only so many times per year you can use it though. Not sure of the exact circumstances.
  9. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Legal Service benefits include:
    ★ No enrollment charge or annual fee
    ★ Free consultations of up to 30 minutes – in person or over the phone
    ★ Free document explanation and review
    ★ Free follow-up letter or phone call
    ★ 30% off most other services and an opportunity to see the lawyer’s fee
    in advance, in writing
    ★ Lawyer referrals available online
    For participating lawyers near you call 1-888-993-8886 or go to
    and click on Teamster Privilege Program to find a lawyer online.
    Who’s eligible?
    U.S. Teamster members, their spouses and
    their dependents. This program is not
    available to members living in Canada.
    Call 1-888-993-8886 to find a lawyer.
    The Teamster Privilege Legal Service makes it easy for you to get the legal help you need to avoid and
    solve legal problems – and usually for free! A nationwide network of attorneys at more than 1,900 law
    offices offers free and discounted services to members. In fact, three-out-of-four members get their legal
    issues handled without paying a penny!
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We receive legal benefits through the NYS Teamsters. This plan actually covers quite a few of the more common legal situations and some that you may not think of. I used the Teamster lawyer when I got divorced and when I bought my condo.
  11. Hedley_Lamarr

Hedley_Lamarr New Member

We have a legal plan, it's sort of like a medical plan, but with lawyers. Check UPSERS.COM....
  12. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

I once used the EAP service for a financial question. They were kind and informative, helped quite a bit. I believe with attorneys you get half hour free consultation and reduction on further assistance.