Does UPS pays enough 2 have stayhome Wife

vista

Finally this past May i was able to pull my wife from working and be dedicated to take care of the kids and home, I feel so much relief when im out there for 10 or 11 hours a day knowing that she is there to take care of any emergency, not to mention coming home to a warm meal and basically fall sleep watching tv, yes we do miss alot of activities with the kids, but weekend come, thats when we recupare that time. im sure alot of you married browns feel the same.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Only a weekend dad?? Not me, I want to be there for all their school and sport activities. Being with family means more to me then a good wage (but it helps) and with the wife working we are making sure we can retire comfortably and early!

browniehound

Its for this reason that I probably will not have a family. My girl just doesn't get it. I don't think she understands that I will be an absentee dad Monday to Friday. I would miss everything. All the stuff normal parents get to see. Baseball games, cheerleading, plays, recitals, football etc.

I would love to coach a little league baseball game. The problem is they start at 5 and I still have 35 left at 5:whiteflag:. I'm cool with it though, its my choice.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Finally this past May i was able to pull my wife from working and be dedicated to take care of the kids and home, I feel so much relief when im out there for 10 or 11 hours a day knowing that she is there to take care of any emergency, not to mention coming home to a warm meal and basically fall sleep watching tv, yes we do miss alot of activities with the kids, but weekend come, thats when we recupare that time. im sure alot of you married browns feel the same.
That is so great that you decided to take that road and it turned out for you. Kudos.
But I didnt have that when I was raised, nor when I raised my kids, and I, and them turned out OK, also
So if it isnt something you can do, doesnt mean it cant be successfully done, its just less stressful. Doesnt mean you cant be good parents, or have your kids turn out stable, it just maybe means things are more convieneint and you may up the chances a few percentages.
But I feel if a parent can stay home, thats great, if they cannot doesnt mean you should not participate in a God given gift. Sometimes quality can make up for quantity. Not all mothers are good at fulltime ing it. And many are the best. It all depends on the situation. Some mothers and fathers do best when they get away for a break.

scoutjumper

The answer is yes and no. You can always spend more then you make, no matter how much you make. If you work at UPS you will miss most if not all of your kids life Monday-Friday. My wife does it all clean house,cook, children pratices, homework, and a thousand other little things. However we have friends who put there children in daycare 8-10 hours a day. You both have to want the same goals and communication is the key. If your wife chooses to stay home you will have to make sacrifices. We enjoy Dave Ramsay's views on how to handle money. I like the idea that when the school bus drops them off she is there or when they are sick she is there.

LiL"Comet"

Vista good for you and family how you guys make it work that's what it's all about. If we all lived the sames lifestyles we would not be such a diverse culture. My husband is actually a stay-at-home dad and I work friend/t. I'm able to go to school eat lunch with them sometimes (I volunteer a lot) and normally I see them about 30 minutes after they get off the bus then I'm off to work. In our case we have 3 kiddo's 5,6, and 8 so he is there in case of emergency or someone gets sick at school.

Different strokes for diff. folks is what I always say... teamwork is very important us....

Brownie met me at the brown shed we need to talk about your thoughts:surprised: lol kidding

helenofcalifornia

California is a two-income per couple state if you want a comfortable lifestyle. Too expensive! Maybe you can do it in the Heartland or the South, but not too successfully on the West Coast.

Pushing On

Feeders is the answer. I was able to go when I was 25. Kids were born shortly after. I've been able to go to school plays and as they have gotten older been able to coach ball teams. They are about to graduate and the whole time I have only missed about five ball games because of work. The sacrifice comes from working weird shifts, taking off some and splitting my sleep up, but it has definitely been worth it. They only grow up once.

upsdude

My wife recently became a stay at home Mom, again. She wasn’t getting home until 530-600 PM and we felt that our 12 and 15 year olds should have more supervision. Don’t get me wrong, both kids do well in school and have proven they’re worthy of our trust. We want to keep it that way.

I already see a difference in my wife’s attitude (not that it was bad before), she seems less tired, and the house again has organization.

Life is full of choices. I have a friend, married, 2 kids, wife stays home. He makes a little over 15.00 an hour, they make it work and you’ll never hear them “want” for anything.

chev

Nightcrawler
I would say yes if you can learn to stay within your budget. My wife has been a stay at home mom for 10 years now. Mostly because she is considered disabled, but we make due and get by with what we have. I have no car payments and no credit cards. If we don't need it, we usually don't buy it. :happy2:

I agree with scoutjumper. Dave Ramsey is the man.

dei8

I have to laugh when drivers complain about not being home due to their jobs, and all the things they miss. I used to work retail before becoming a driver, worked all the holidays, nights and weekends. I didnt get as much vacation as I get now, and the stress of visits and sales and customers, hiring, ect. Please understand that yes we do miss alot, and yes we cant coach our kids at five, but you can make weekends very special, and request 8 hour days if you need to get out for something. Instead of focusing on the negative, look at the positives and enjoy as much of your life as possible

25yrvet

Live within your means, my wife babysat at home while our kids were very little. She later taught pre school--bringing them along. She is now a teacher with a Masters' degree--she was always taking a class here or there to get her Bachelors. Our youngest just went off to college this fall.

My take on things was that I worked 9-10 hours a day so that she could be with them (don't forget the 8 hour request--2 a month in our region).
We were always at church on Sundays and kids groups during the week. Things really paid off--so far...The oldest one got his training from the Air Guard and now has an inside job making almost what his father makes! The middle one just graduated from the Air Force Academy and is at flight school. The 3rd one is studying to be an engineer---his is the only college we've had to pay (in part) for.
:happy2: