Does UPS Surepost deliver on Saturday?

Mabutofu

As a customer, I recently had an item I bought online get shipped in from Georgia -

The item reached my regional UPS distribution center (or whatever it is ) in Vernon, California today around 5 am, and I was wondering, will the distribution center have it sent to USPS for Saturday delivery? Or will I have to wait until Monday?

I know from previous shipments that UPS usually delivers to the regional center by 12-2 AM, then has it sent to a local area at 5 am, which arrives around 6 am, then sends it out for delivery around 7 am (in the case of USPS as well)

Thanks in advance.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
If it just arrived into the UPS facility an hour ago, it won't be unloaded, sorted & transferred to the USPS until Monday (local UPS operations have the weekend off). Look for it Tuesday.

(FWIW, the projected delivery date on your tracking page is typically accurate.)

UPSGUY72

Or Wednesday depending on your post office. If you have two or more packages that are forecasted to be delivered Monday to your house your in luck UPS will be delivering them not the the post office but it only one your going to have to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mabutofu

Damn.

Well, my tracking updated a few minutes ago and changed the scheduled delivery date to Tuesday ( I can't wait that long T.T)

Thanks for replying

Big Babooba

Or Wednesday depending on your post office. If you have two or more packages that are forecasted to be delivered Monday to your house your in luck UPS will be delivering them not the the post office but it only one your going to have to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday.

....or Thursday or Friday or next Saturday or whenever the Postal Service gets one of these:

draft_lens1987163module9534696photo_1210794873roundtuit2.jpg
draft_lens1987163module9534696photo_1210794873roundtuit2.jpg

Mabutofu

Well, I had another item get mailed in by Fedex Smartpost (which seems to be the Fedex equivalent), they ended up delivering the box to my USPS center around 6 am and it was out for delivery by 8 (I received it in the mail by 3 pm the same day)

They did send the shipment information to USPS the same day I ordered the item though. Not sure how well everything correlates.

Dammit I need to rant about this somewhere....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well, I had another item get mailed in by Fedex Smartpost (which seems to be the Fedex equivalent), they ended up delivering the box to my USPS center around 6 am and it was out for delivery by 8 (I received it in the mail by 3 pm the same day)

They did send the shipment information to USPS the same day I ordered the item though. Not sure how well everything correlates.

Dammit I need to rant about this somewhere....

We don't even start work until 9. Should have upgraded the service level if u needed it so soon. Call the shipper and complain.

Mabutofu

I know, it's just that I've been buying items online for quite a while and they almost always came in around 3 days, even with something like free super saver shipping from Amazon. I even had 3 items come in one day after ordering via UPS ground.

If I knew it was going to take this long I certainly would have upgraded my shipping speed. Thanks again

As a customer, I recently had an item I bought online get shipped in from Georgia -

The item reached my regional UPS distribution center (or whatever it is ) in Vernon, California today around 5 am, and I was wondering, will the distribution center have it sent to USPS for Saturday delivery? Or will I have to wait until Monday?

I know from previous shipments that UPS usually delivers to the regional center by 12-2 AM, then has it sent to a local area at 5 am, which arrives around 6 am, then sends it out for delivery around 7 am (in the case of USPS as well)

Thanks in advance.
for someone as knowledgable as yourself about our shipping maybe you should ask for regular ground service and you won't have to spend so much time and worry about your shipment.

Mabutofu

Well, I never figured out how to request or check for specific shipping speeds from an online retailer, barring calling them about it.
I pretty much just spammed the standard shipping rates available and ended up with Fedex Smartpost, UPS Ground/SurePost, and Ontrac.

I'm not so much knowledgeable about your shipping as I've been obsessed with getting that one shipment in the past few days xD