Does ups teach you how to drive stick

ManInBrown

We have about 50% manual and 50% automatic. Have alot of people who refuse to take out a stick shift. Weird to me when you knew that was part of the job.
What do you mean refuse? They move all the work to an automatic truck because the driver refuses? That's not even possible here. They would never do that

El Correcto

god is dead
We have about 50% manual and 50% automatic. Have alot of people who refuse to take out a stick shift. Weird to me when you knew that was part of the job.
Only people that refuse to take out the manuals are ones with preexisting injuries to ankles or knees in my center at least. They don't really refuse they'll bump off the route to get an automatic for the day and try to file if it keeps happening. Not sure what grievance this would be for a full time bid driver who keeps getting a manual on his bid route.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Mostly air drivers here that refuse to take out the manuals in the yard. Hide keys to the automatics etc. I have seen a couple of fulltimers take the day when they get a manual truck, don't want to spend the day shifting.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Mostly air drivers here that refuse to take out the manuals in the yard. Hide keys to the automatics etc. I have seen a couple of fulltimers take the day when they get a manual truck, don't want to spend the day shifting.
I got the oldest pos loud ass diesel stick shift you could imagine. Guess Wut? It still pays the same...........

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Agreed I have an old stick shift as well and I love it. Just find it ironic with some drivers and what they get upset over. When I first started about 90% of truck were manuals.

Edd Orion

I laugh at the young guys in my center who complain about driving a stick, if they only knew what it was like driving a stick with no power steering all day!

raceanoncr

This is what all the package cars look like. Piece of cake. Yeah, they teach you.

stick.png

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS will not only teach you how to drive a stick--they will teach you how to dress, how to pickup after your self, teach you manners and how to respect your elders. (everything your parents should have taught you).