Does UPS withhold your first paycheck?

somebodiesgot

I couldn't find a direct answer for this question via search.
Is it true you get paid weekly?
Also, will you get paid at the end of your first week or second week?
Also, i'll be at freight if that matters
Thanks.

J

jibbs

We get paid weekly, the friday after a pay period ends.

Basically, at the end of a week, you're receiving pay for last week's work, and you won't see a dime from your work this week until next friday.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I couldn't find a direct answer for this question via search.
Is it true you get paid weekly?
Also, will you get paid at the end of your first week or second week?
Also, i'll be at freight if that matters
Thanks.
They would withhold all of your paychecks if it wasnt against the law

Sent using BrownCafe App

J

jibbs

fridays? We get checks on Thursday mornings.

That are dated for that week's Friday.

Technically, they're not supposed to give 'em to you on Thursday just because they have 'em on Thursday. Most places don't give much of a friend*, though, and hand out checks the second they come through.

Occasionally you'll get a dick of a teller that won't take a check dated for the next day. Most liquor stores, though? No problem, 24/7, it seems.

Cementups

Box Monkey
That are dated for that week's Friday.

Technically, they're not supposed to give 'em to you on Thursday just because they have 'em on Thursday. Most places don't give much of a friend*, though, and hand out checks the second they come through.

Occasionally you'll get a dick of a teller that won't take a check dated for the next day. Most liquor stores, though? No problem, 24/7, it seems.

They really shouldn't be handing out paychecks on Thursdays for the mere reason that if you pay someone on Thursday, guess who might not show up to work on Friday?

PT Car Washer

but direct deposit doesn't get deposited until Friday. But yes, it is early enough that you have the money before you would start your shift and could call off.
And unless you worked the preload, you would not be out of bed yet. If you worked the preload the banks would not be open until you got off.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
but direct deposit doesn't get deposited until Friday.
It hits my account with my current bank late thursday night, but with my previous credit union they made it available first thing Thursday morning and even used that as a selling point in their advertisements. When they get the eft transmittal they make it available for the transaction due date less one day. Seems to be working well for them.

AKCoverMan

They really shouldn't be handing out paychecks on Thursdays for the mere reason that if you pay someone on Thursday, guess who might not show up to work on Friday?
We had a guy like hat. No showed on Friday so many times that management started always covering his route on Fridays! center manager said if he showed up it was a bonus.

He even joked with his customers that UPS was dumb to give him the money on Thursday night. Geez!

Took like five warning letters and three working terminations before he finally didn't get to come back.

Imbroglio

How about this Friday, the Fourth? When will we get paid this week for last week's work, anyone know? I have direct deposit, but it's not entirely clear to me that pay will arrive on a holiday.