Does your Center make or lose money on Sat Air

DOK

My building currently loose money delivering Sat Air do to a contract seniority issue that has come about with the adding of TCDs. All the PT Sat Air drivers signed the list to be TCD from June 1 to Jan 15. That being said they move from the PT seniority list to the FT seniority list for the time they TCD and aren't considered PT Sat Air Drivers for the time. So there is no Sat PT air drivers and they can't fill those position with more PT because the TCD will be going back to them After Jan 15. So they have to put a list up for FT drivers to sign every week to drive on Sat and the Sat Air drivers don't have enough FT seniority to make the cut. So they are paying FT drivers $51.54 hr to drive on Sat.

I had 20 stops today and it took me 4 hrs they paid me almost $10.50 a stop. That's some of the easiest $200 + dollars you can make.

Any other building have this problem.
FT drivers not permitted to drive Saturdays. They use sat air drivers then temporary cover drivers, even if the cover drivers worked a full week.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
FT drivers not permitted to drive Saturdays. They use sat air drivers then temporary cover drivers, even if the cover drivers worked a full week.
Saturday air is classified as a PT air day, there should be a list of eligible PT volunteers and a list for FT guys to sign to work as well. All Saturday delivery work is offered up to PT employees first, if all PT asked or that are qualified refuse, then they ask FT drivers in seniority order. If you still don't have enough, then they force from the bottom of the PT qualified list up. Around here most guys get tired and get plenty of hours during the week, FT and PT, this leaves Saturday wide open for guys like me who will gladly work an extra 5-6hrs at overtime rate.

PT Car Washer

Saturday air is classified as a PT air day, there should be a list of eligible PT volunteers and a list for FT guys to sign to work as well. All Saturday delivery work is offered up to PT employees first, if all PT asked or that are qualified refuse, then they ask FT drivers in seniority order. If you still don't have enough, then they force from the bottom of the PT qualified list up. Around here most guys get tired and get plenty of hours during the week, FT and PT, this leaves Saturday wide open for guys like me who will gladly work an extra 5-6hrs at overtime rate.
This is the way it works in my building. Never have a problem finding a couple FT drivers to work whenever we are short.

UPSGUY72

Yes Sat Air is for PT Sat Air Drivers. However those drives signed the list and are now considered TCD from May 1st to Jan 15th. UPS can't fill there positions with other PTimers because the TCD will be going back to there PT jobs and Sat Air Driving in Jan. If UPS filled there position with PT people than those PT would make there 30 days and thus create a another problem. As TCD they are considered FT employee as they work 40 + hrs a week so they fall under the FT seniority list for that time period thus they don't have enough seniority to get to drive on Sat when the list goes up each week.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I love running Saturday Air. And have for about 25 years. I deliver to the poorest sections of town and to the richest and also to the downtown area. And all before noon.

Paint me, impressed. Sounds like you need a pair of action jeans...

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438562201.003612.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We have about 6 or 7 air routes on Sunday but that number varies a little by week. There are around 100-120 normal routes in 2 center that run out of the building I'm in during the week.
We have 3 air shuttle drivers for the week. We used to run only 2 on Saturdays, but from about May-September and then again during peak we will run 3. We only have 27 routes total in the one center.