Does your job,take away the Christmas spirit??

oldngray

nowhere special
The year I retired was the first time I was able to enjoy Christmas in at least 20 years. UPS sucks the life out of you at peak with nothing left to enjoy Christmas.

upschuck

It all depends on the attitude you go in with, as to the attitude you'll go through Christmas with. Will it be all sugar plums and candy canes, no, but the majority of time I'm jolly.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-11-23-14-19-15-604158171.jpeg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Used to look foward to it myself now I absolutely hate it. Can't enjoy it at all between getting beat like a dogg, not getting enough sleep n getting home at 11PM every night, pretty much blows really. Can't wait for the nightmare to be over in 13 years lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was never much of an xmas guy anyway, but UPS made me actually dislike it. The paid day off is nice but other than that the only good thing about it is when it's over.

dezguy

Used to love Christmas as a kid (duh) then as a young adult, I loathed it. Working in the industry didn't help either but since I had kids, I find myself loving it again, despite getting my :censored2: pushed in on a daily basis from the last week of November till the 24th.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I remember when 1st peak week was kinda bust, 2nd week pretty damm busy, 3rd week was nuttz and the last week started fizzling out n it was over on xmas eve. Never see them days ever again.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Busy as hell all year now between area growing, e commerce booming and dumbphucqk idiot dispatches n busting out routes on mondays n Fridays lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I remember when the day after xmas it was like turning off a faucet, we would run a skeleton crew between xmas and new years and then the following week it start picking back up but there would still be plenty of days off available. That's gone now too, peak basically runs through mid January.