Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JackStraw, Jan 7, 2014.

1. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

My manager asked me for my cell number today. I told him if you need to get in touch with me you can use the DIAD or my home phone. Once in a while he'll mention in a PCM for drivers to stop texting and calling him for days off, favors, etc. To me, the only persons cell he should have is the stewards. Maybe I'm being old fashioned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Package_Donkey14

Package_Donkey14 milk was a bad choice

I'm starting to regret ever giving mine out. Contemplating changing my number and not giving them the new 1. You're a smart man Jack

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Gave mine out to them. My most received call log is all ups supervisor's.. Maybe it was a bad idea.

4. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

Easy enough solution here......turn it off.

5. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Until they pay for my cell service its don't call me I'll call them.

6. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Yes they have mine. I am considering doing something as they always call me to come in on vacation.

7. badpal.

badpal. avoiding brown kool-aid

When I'm provided with a UPS phone, they can have a cell phone number for me. Until then it's through the DIAD for communication with management.

8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

My 3 ORS have my cell number and I have there numbers if a problem arise I can call them direct. Like the day after xmas when my SUP traded cars with me out in the middle of no where assuring me there was plenty of gas in it well he was wrong I ran out of gas on the mass pike 2 miles from the building at 8:00 at night and the dam night clerk wouldn't answer the phone so I called my SUP on his phone at home.

On another note I don't have any other drivers phone numbers if I need to meet a driver I use the DIAD to set up a meet point. If they send me the drivers phone number to call I call it but don't save it on the phone.

9. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

I got a text today asking if I wanted to work tomorrow. I didn't respond. Ain't no way in hell I'm going in to work on my vacation.

10. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

Am I the only one with caller ID?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Yes. I'm the steward. They have it along with about four hundred other people.

12. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

I screen my calls. If I don't want to answer, it's my phone. When they start paying my bill then they can dictate when I have to answer it. Not until then

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This is why I have all my sups numbers. More often then not its so I know NOT to pick up.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

My sup only bothers me if he absolutely has to, which is hardly ever. The guy is more than fair with me so I don't have any problem. My center manager knows better than to call me though. I won't answer when he calls. I'd tell you it's nothing personal but it's 100% personal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. cachsux

cachsux Wah

They have ours because it's how they register ownership of the phone. We used to have to use the phones serial number but now they just ask your number and then call it and when it rings in your hand they give you the sticker.

For me they have it also because we don't have landline in my house anymore.

16. mnupsman1989

mnupsman1989 New Member

17. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I'm a steward and everybody has my number and i don't put stickers on my phone.

18. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

only 2 sups have my number, they never have to call me though since im always there on time. i heard 1 guy that has
    most sups numbers but since he stays late they call him for favors when they forget to input stuff on computer or forget
    paperwork on desk.

19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

We put the stickers on our IDs. I refuse to put one on a $400 phone.

20. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

They had mine, and I had theirs. But, if they wanted to talk to me, I would get a DIAD message asking me to call.

Shoot, I still text a couple of my old supes.