Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

JackStraw

My manager asked me for my cell number today. I told him if you need to get in touch with me you can use the DIAD or my home phone. Once in a while he'll mention in a PCM for drivers to stop texting and calling him for days off, favors, etc. To me, the only persons cell he should have is the stewards. Maybe I'm being old fashioned.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes they have mine. I am considering doing something as they always call me to come in on vacation.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
When I'm provided with a UPS phone, they can have a cell phone number for me. Until then it's through the DIAD for communication with management.

UPSGUY72

My 3 ORS have my cell number and I have there numbers if a problem arise I can call them direct. Like the day after xmas when my SUP traded cars with me out in the middle of no where assuring me there was plenty of gas in it well he was wrong I ran out of gas on the mass pike 2 miles from the building at 8:00 at night and the dam night clerk wouldn't answer the phone so I called my SUP on his phone at home.

On another note I don't have any other drivers phone numbers if I need to meet a driver I use the DIAD to set up a meet point. If they send me the drivers phone number to call I call it but don't save it on the phone.

My manager asked me for my cell number today. I told him if you need to get in touch with me you can use the DIAD or my home phone. Once in a while he'll mention in a PCM for drivers to stop texting and calling him for days off, favors, etc. To me, the only persons cell he should have is the stewards. Maybe I'm being old fashioned.
Yes. I'm the steward. They have it along with about four hundred other people.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My sup only bothers me if he absolutely has to, which is hardly ever. The guy is more than fair with me so I don't have any problem. My center manager knows better than to call me though. I won't answer when he calls. I'd tell you it's nothing personal but it's 100% personal.

They have ours because it's how they register ownership of the phone. We used to have to use the phones serial number but now they just ask your number and then call it and when it rings in your hand they give you the sticker.

For me they have it also because we don't have landline in my house anymore.

browntroll

only 2 sups have my number, they never have to call me though since im always there on time. i heard 1 guy that has
most sups numbers but since he stays late they call him for favors when they forget to input stuff on computer or forget
paperwork on desk.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They had mine, and I had theirs. But, if they wanted to talk to me, I would get a DIAD message asking me to call.

Shoot, I still text a couple of my old supes.