Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not this thread...again...again...again...

ok here we go.

Do you get the UPS discount at your carrier?

Do you write it off on your taxes as a business expense?

Then answer your phone when we call just like I answer when you call me on my cell, simple concept

If we call you a ridicules amount of times then we need to work on some management skills prior to your departure from the building.

I call maybe 3 drivers a day, other wise they text or call the center.

It is not a discount ups is giving us or UPS in some way subsidizing our phone bill. It is simply a discount extended BY THE CARRIER to employees as a group to bring in more business. I got the same discount at my previous employer and the employer didn't see it as some type of entitlement to be able to call our personal phones.

UPS isn't paying a penny. If you want drivers to have use of a cell phone, GIVE THEM ONE.

kingOFchester

My bill will be the same with or without using it to communicate with management. They have it. I do not have any other phone line. Still communicate 90% via DIAD.

Not interested in "sticking UPS/management" by not using my phone, when it would just make my life more difficult rather then screwing management.

32F driver

Answer to op: NOPE, those idiots don't even know I have a cell, & it's gonna stay that way. If you wanna get ahold of me, the diad seems to work fine.

BigBrown3605

Of course my management team have my number and I have there's. I don't have a home phone and they don't call unless its extremely urgent. GOD created caller ID for a reason. I mean, how are they supposed to know its me when I text them in the morning, "IM NOT COMING TO WORK".

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They have my number and don't care if they call me. That's what caller id is for, to see whos calling. If they call me and im not in the mood to answer their call I wont, and if I do I will answer it, its that simple.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
Mostly my center manager texts me but I really get PO'd when my co-workers give out my # to customers!

I'll b*tch slap them from Alaska to Florida, & boy will they feel it! I tell my guys (co-workers), and their wives, that if they don't want their cell # to be on every bulletin board in this State, then they had better not EVER give mine out to anyone!

JackStraw

Our start time is 905a. Many times this past peak I would get a text, "START TIME 1030A". Hell yeah, crawled back in bed..........:clown:
Normally you're supposed to get a weeks notice on a changed start time. At least that's the way it's done in my neck of the woods.

DougH

My manager has my cell (not ups employee though) he complains all the time about not answering.... I just tell him when he has the bill paid for me than I'll answer whenever he'd like me too.

Sent using BrownCafe App

wayfair

swollen member
My manager has my cell (not ups employee though) he complains all the time about not answering.... I just tell him when he has the bill paid for me than I'll answer whenever he'd like me too.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I simply state "it's an in cab distraction, you know, what you were talking about at the PCM"

30yearstolife

They have tried to get my cell number many times...never going to happen. They even tried calling my home phone and trying to get the number from my 11 year old kid. If they ever got my number I would immediately change it. I love the text "call the center" or "call this other driver". I tell them I am 10 miles away from the nearest phone, but if you want, I will break off...