Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

Z

ZQXC

Not this thread...again...again...again...

ok here we go.

Do you get the UPS discount at your carrier? NO

Do you write it off on your taxes as a business expense? NO

Then answer your phone when we call just like I answer when you call me on my cell, simple concept NO

If we call you a ridicules amount of times then we need to work on some management skills prior to your departure from the building.

I call maybe 3 drivers a day, other wise they text or call the center.

Avalon

Avalon
My manager asked me for my cell number today. I told him if you need to get in touch with me you can use the DIAD or my home phone. Once in a while he'll mention in a PCM for drivers to stop texting and calling him for days off, favors, etc. To me, the only persons cell he should have is the stewards. Maybe I'm being old fashioned.

I bet you guys are not complaining when you get your UPS discount on your cell phone bill every month.

Just sayin

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Do you get the UPS discount at your carrier?

Then answer your phone when we call just like I answer when you call me on my cell, simple concept

If we call you a ridicules amount of times then we need to work on some management skills prior to your departure from the building.
I bet you guys are not complaining when you get your UPS discount on your cell phone bill every month.
That argument holds water like a sieve. So if I use the car discount(or any other), am I suppose to let UPS use it whenever they want?

JackStraw

I realize it's a new age with all the technology, but I just feel like it's something that should be part of your paid day. Breaking off to use a phone, DRIVING to a pickup instead of calling to see if they have anything going out etc.

30yearstolife

There is no way your mgt team is going to try to get your cell phone number from your 11 year old son.

I get the distinct impression that you work for an entirely different UPS than I do, consider yourself lucky.
We even had managers search the trash at drivers' homes and cabins, trying to nail them somehow!
My supervisor did indeed call my home number and try to get my kid to give him my cell number.
My mgt team is fully aware that I do not want them to have my cell number.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I used to have a supe that would ask to see everyone's phone because he was thinking of buying a new one. He would call his number with our cells and get the number of our cells that way. Sneaky &%$#! He never did get mine though.

browniehound

If that method is what works for you then it is certainly your right. My experience with my management team has been different; they have my number, I have theirs, and I will be as reasonable and fair regarding the use of my cell phone as they choose to be. So far, it hasnt been a problem and I wont ever allow it to become one.

Sober, this is the most practical, level-headed and reasonable response I've read so far. Yes, management has my cell # and not just because its my only contact # as I don't have a landline(why pay 2 phone bills?).

I gave it to them just because its more convenient for all of us. I prefer to use the DIAD for most communications but sometimes it doesn't suffice.

I don't know what the big deal is. When they want to talk to you while on the clock they are going to make sure you respond. You can't ignore management, so why not just let your sup. call you? Why go through the trouble of calling the office and being patched in to the sup. office? And if your sup. wants to talk to you, why make him send a message in the DIAD so you have to call the office and wait for a transfer to your sup.?

Why not let him call you directly so you can get on with your business?

I don't understand this "until UPS pays my bill they will never get my #" talk. Everybody has unlimited minutes today, so its no sweat or extra cost from you. I just think these drivers need something to bitch about. They need to add this to their list of crap they are going to give the company simply because they hate your job and/or the company.