Does Your Manager Hand Out Christmas Presents?

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Talked to a coworker yesterday and she was bragging about how well her manager, treats their group.
I didn't interrupt, but I've watched this manager get in a can and she is always doing something for her team.
Today she said for "Thanksgiving", they are going off-site to the restaurant of their choosing and she was open
to suggestions for Christmas (last year she created a basket of goodies for all of them).

Throughout the year, she puts flowers on their desk, bakes, birthday gifts, etc.

Now mind you, this is a small group of about 10 employees, but at least she is making an effort.

Years ago, we pitched in to get our manager a Christmas gift. We all got a "FEDEX Christmas card", but hey it's
the thought the counts, right? (since then we all SIGN the smallest card we can find and put it in her mailbox ... HA)

Anywhooooooooo ... does YOUR manager give you anything for Christmas? An "attaboy", "get off the clock", anything?

((( grabbing popcorn )))

whenIgetthere

We get a big get off the clock ASAP message on Christmas Eve form our senior manager. My old work group would take a collection to buy something for the manager, I never contributed. In a new work group this year, don't know what they do for this manager, but I'll do the same.

CJinx

Our SM handed out Dunkin Donuts gift cards to all the staff on the 24th last year along with a handshake/hug + "Thanks for all your hard work this peak".

5yearsleft

We get to choose a gift this year!!! A Caribou coffee cup & a pouch of cocoa, a small Hickory Farm sausage & cracker pak, or a Hot Sauce assortment!!!! Can I just have the $4 please?

hypo hanna

If you count OLCC's as a gift, then my manager is the most generous person around. They can keep the cheap FedEx junk, just pay me a decent wage and stop micromanaging my route!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We've never gotten any sort of "gift". Just the usual doughnuts in the AM the week of peak and, dinner when we come in to drop and go back out.
I'm pretty sure this is SOP at all stas. just for the week of peak.

dezguy

We get a "happy holidays" over the Power pad. We don't even get a holiday party. The money allocated for that goes to all the BBQ's we never see throughout the year. AKA someones pocket.

!Retired!

Our SM handed out Dunkin Donuts gift cards to all the staff on the 24th last year along with a handshake/hug + "Thanks for all your hard work this peak".
I missed Dunkin Donuts. So happy they decided to open franchises here. I hope it tastes the same as NY, but I'm not holding my breath.
One year when the MD was coming down the belt handing out our 25-cent Christmas "appreciation gifts", we all switched ID's. That way, he'd look like an even bigger fool when he pretended to know your name.
That's funny. I keep my id turned so you can't see my name.

I don't ever recall getting a Christmas gift. BTW, the turkey the company is giving me this year will be donated to a family I know that can't afford one. I'll pick up some sides this weekend to go along with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

25 years in and I have never received a gift at Christmas from UPS. One year one of our on-cars passed out personalized Christmas cards to all of the drivers in his group. It was a small gesture but it meant quite a bit, at least to me. The one constant has been a handshake and a sincere "thank you".

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
In all my years at FE I've never received a gift from any of my managers either - nor have I ever expected or wanted one. And I respect them more for giving me nothing rather than to insult me with some piece of company store excrement. Nothing says "Merry Christmas to you and thanks for all you've done" like a plastic FedEx sippy cup that you can never seem to rid of that sweet faint smell of petroleum.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I missed Dunkin Donuts. So happy they decided to open franchises here. I hope it tastes the same as NY, but I'm not holding my breath.

That's funny. I keep my id turned so you can't see my name.

I don't ever recall getting a Christmas gift. BTW, the turkey the company is giving me this year will be donated to a family I know that can't afford one. I'll pick up some sides this weekend to go along with it.

Maybe you can give the bird to a Ground driver. Kind of like WalMart, where they established a charity to help other WalMart workers.

EffOff

It's all my manager can do to walk onto the floor maybe once a day to wave goodbye to us as he leaves. :P

Now, when Eff-Off was Kinko's, we'd have Christmas parties, and they were a blast. Man, I miss those days...

!Retired!

Maybe you can give the bird to a Ground driver. Kind of like WalMart, where they established a charity to help other WalMart workers.
Nope.
25 years in and I have never received a gift at Christmas from UPS. One year one of our on-cars passed out personalized Christmas cards to all of the drivers in his group. It was a small gesture but it meant quite a bit, at least to me. The one constant has been a handshake and a sincere "thank you".
Doesn't it make you laugh when others whine that they don't get anything? Or if they do get something small (gift card, etc), they whine it's not enough? Whether FedEx gives me a 'gift' or not makes no difference to me.

SmithBarney

Our mgr leaves and goes home by 1pm everyday, so the gift is NOT being around when we get back.

But we've got food, and turkeys, but honestly most would rather have a few extra $$ at the end of the week.

DontThrowPackages

One year when the MD was coming down the belt handing out our 25-cent Christmas "appreciation gifts", we all switched ID's. That way, he'd look like an even bigger fool when he pretended to know your name.
LOL we would stand in different places on the sort. He would call you by the name of whoever spot you were in LOL.