Does your On Car Supervisor earn their pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tired Driver, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Tired Driver

Tired Driver Sisyphus had it easy.

My Sup is lazy. Still waiting for my DOL to be fixed. Pick ups to be in order. Same dock bulk stops everyday to be loaded in the rear of the PC. And it seems to be the I am the only driver to bail him out. Tired of it.

2. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Both of mine do - because our center manager and PDS are both clueless fools.

I feel really bad for the both of them. One has young kids and is at work most days from 0700 to 2100 while the moron center manager casually comes and goes as he pleases.

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Being that I don't know what my on-car gets paid, I can not answer this question with accuracy.

4. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Is he an on car or a dispatch sup?

5. All the crap runs down hill and lands on them. You couldnt pay me enough,to do that job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

The OCs come in and clean up my center manager's daily pile of dispatch schnit. The problem in my center isn't the OCs.

7. alwaysoverallowed

alwaysoverallowed Active Member

Wellll I'll say this I don't know(or care to know) what the goings are there on the other side of the brown line. But from this side of the brown line my on cars are just assistants to the center manager who is the subordinate of the DM who is the shaft of the UPS ramrod from the body who doesn't have a brain that is ATL soooo they are fairly compensated.

Oh and us drivers are the straw that stirs the drink.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. bleedinbrown58

images-29.jpeg

9. mixyo

mixyo Active Member

I like the on-car sups in my center. But then again I'm not a driver lol

10. alwaysoverallowed

alwaysoverallowed Active Member

What do you mean fail? Where's the fail?

11. bleedinbrown58

I didnt write the fail...I just found the pic funny.

12. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

My center is ran with this motto: "Just get it out of the building. We can put band aids on our problems for the day."

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Some do, some don't.

Sent using a Potato

14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

The supes couldn't hold the drivers jock straps n are totally worthless. Must be nice to make 6 figures to do nothing n screw up all the time n not get in trouble for it. I need a job like that lmfao.

15. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

On cars make 6 figures in your 'hood?

I could see a manager making that kinda bread but not a Sup.

Sent using a Potato

16. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

They're hiring

17. scisector9

scisector9 Active Member

Most of our on cars are decent here. My favorite just retired last month. He was a great trainer and had great area knowledge. Every route I learned with him as a covet driver he would know customers by name and all the delivery points and residential streets and where they broke at. Had a driver that worked as a helper with him during peak that told me they did 300 plus one year. He was respected by all.

The other two on cars here have different strengths. One fills on as per load sup when needed to cover vacations and knows dispatches well. The third is quiet a hard worker and decision maker. None of them are dicks and usually are the good cops to the bad cop center manager. They try to solve problems and appear to care about drivers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Sounds like your job! Homey Clause

19. rp3

rp3 Member

Mine sleeps on and off through out the day!

20. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

Listen we all know and they know, to train a new driver or to ride with us is a big waste of energy. Have you ever noticed these jobs with labels are slowly being replaced or are struggling due to not enough time to justify their salaries. I say no to Do they earn their pay? Its time for a buyout.