Does your safety committee follow the contract?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,

Are you aware that there are 4 types of safety committees established in the National Contract?

The contract states that the Employer and the Union have developed the Safety Committees.

It is my opinion that every one reading this should immediately read and study Section 20.4 of article 18.

The employer will continue to violate the safety rights of this union as long as the local union officials allow them to.

They will snub their noses at the safety committee rights and processes bargained for and paid for by the dues of the members of this union.

It is more true than ever that the safety committees are a farce.

The level that the company can make something so critcal to the well being of the rank and file a farce,

is the level that the company can make a farce out of local union officials.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
why would you need safety committee's when Big Brown knows best and is always watching?
TearsInRain,

This is a question you would have to direct to the individuals who negotiated this into the collective bargaining agreement?

I suggest you do this for your answer.

Please let me know who you ask and what they say.

Sincerely,
I

packageguy

To All,

Are you aware that there are 4 types of safety committees established in the National Contract?

The contract states that the Employer and the Union have developed the Safety Committees.

It is my opinion that every one reading this should immediately read and study Section 20.4 of article 18.

The employer will continue to violate the safety rights of this union as long as the local union officials allow them to.

They will snub their noses at the safety committee rights and processes bargained for and paid for by the dues of the members of this union.

It is more true than ever that the safety committees are a farce.

The level that the company can make something so critcal to the well being of the rank and file a farce,

is the level that the company can make a farce out of local union officials.

Sincerely,
I

Our safety committee don't care, to them it's just about overtime doing nothing. As far as our union, that is a great question, Iwill ask where ther position is, and get back to you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ups cares about safety!??!!??!?????!!!!!!!?!
anonymous,

The Preamble to Article 18 of the National Agreement states that the Employer and the Union agree that safety of the employees and the general public is very important.

It also states that the Employer and the Union have developed the Sections and Subsections of the Agreement to respond to that mutual concern for safety.

As I have stated the Employee Health and Safety Committees are in Section 20.4 of this agreement.

The Union and the Company are in this together.

You have to give the Union Officials at least 50% of the blame for allowing the committees to become a farce.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Only the relevant parts.
UpsateNYUPSer,

Please forgive me but I am not sure about your reply.

Are you answering on behalf of brownmonster? or

Are you saying that you are only concerned with company violations or union failures to enforce the agreement when they directly effect you?

I hope you feel that maintaining safe work places is very relevant to the union way.

Sincerely,
I

paidover95

I am the co chair of our comittee and we do follow the contract here!!No observations(spy missions) done in our building,or anything im not COMFORTABLE doing.I have a open door communication policy with the union stewart.It is very difficult to be a good union/ups employee,with all the politics involved.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ps I should have said "WAS" the co-chair.

paidover95,

Why are you no longer the co-chair?

How did you originally obtain the position?

Where you chosen by management or your co-workers?

Where the other members of the committee appointed by management alone, or did they receive the approval of the local union?

Perhaps these are some of the contractual details Integrity is alluding to?

Sincerely,

B

guinness413

...im a package car driver..our "safety crew" recently asked us to "audit" our loaders..i didnt feel comfortable acting as a supervisor and brought this up at the PCM..i was told i had to do it,so i filled it out during the PCM and handed it right back.....are they nuts?....i should be the one to "write up" for discipline another Teamster?..why are they paying the belt sup.?..to walk around and play on his cell phone..let him fill out something on his blank sheet of paper on his clipboard....

Integrity

Are you employed at united parcel?

Do you have any other hobby other than this brown cafe gig you've got going on?

Are you a boy or a girl?

Were you ever a package car driver at ups?

What's your favorite movie?

Who do you think will win dancing with the stars?

Did you ever catch Swamp People on History Channel?

When is ups ever going to change into the ups we all enjoyed before WE went public?