Does your safety committee follow the contract?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

+1

I refuse to fill out misload cards or rat out my preloader. I will scan and sheet as missed all misloads that I find, but beyond that I just keep my mouth shut and deal with the load, be it good or bad. We work out of a facility that was overcrowded and functionally obsolete before the ink on the blueprints was even dry, and it hasnt gotten any better in the 25 years since then. I see no point in criticizing the work of someone who has been deliberately set up to fail.

Constructive criticism and criticism are two different things. Telling the loader the load sucks does nothing more than guarantee a much worse load the following day. Telling the loader you appreciate his efforts and then offering a few helpful hints works much better. I found this out the hard way as a casual a long time ago.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I personally have no problem accepting constructive criticism, as long as the person offering it is open to receiving some back from me. There is a pretty fine line between constructuve criticism and ignorant nit-picking, however, and I dont like it at all when that line gets crossed.
My response was directed at someone whom seems to think they are perfect.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
To All,

Are you aware that there are 4 types of safety committees established in the National Contract?

The contract states that the Employer and the Union have developed the Safety Committees.

It is my opinion that every one reading this should immediately read and study Section 20.4 of article 18.

The employer will continue to violate the safety rights of this union as long as the local union officials allow them to.

They will snub their noses at the safety committee rights and processes bargained for and paid for by the dues of the members of this union.

It is more true than ever that the safety committees are a farce.

The level that the company can make something so critcal to the well being of the rank and file a farce,

is the level that the company can make a farce out of local union officials.

Sincerely,
I

While the contract does require that the Safety Committees be allowed to exist, it does not require the company to allow them to actually accomplish anything.

Raw

Raw Member
Safety Committee is just for show to keep fines lower, 1 out of 5 drivers in my center are out injured.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Safety Committee is just for show to keep fines lower, 1 out of 5 drivers in my center are out injured.
Wouldn't you think that would tell the union that something is wrong with how the workers are being protected by the "methods"?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I just wanted to pass along ( not that this is 100% on topic, but somewhat) ..an inside employee was recently terminated for getting injured on the job and "not following the methods". Originally it was rumored a suspension, but now termination. I didn't think that was possible.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I just wanted to pass along ( not that this is 100% on topic, but somewhat) ..an inside employee was recently terminated for getting injured on the job and "not following the methods". Originally it was rumored a suspension, but now termination. I didn't think that was possible.

ANYTHING. Amazing.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The worst thing was how an injured employee (different person injured on job) was working today light duty, 10% capacity, and a supervisor sent him a large 30 pound box that was not 30 pounds but was SIZED 30 pounds revenue-wise.

The employee was photographed by another manager/supervisor from a different area of preload.

What happened after that was management wanting to have employee have their picture taken, with the accident as it occured (a simulation as evidence against employee).

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity

Are you employed at united parcel?

My leader is the "Truth".

Do you have any other hobby other than this brown cafe gig you've got going on?

Hobby?

Are you a boy or a girl?

Yes

Were you ever a package car driver at ups?

According to the UPS Policy Integrity is at the core of all that is done at UPS.

What's your favorite movie?

No comment.

Who do you think will win dancing with the stars?

No comment.

Did you ever catch Swamp People on History Channel?

No comment.

When is ups ever going to change into the ups we all enjoyed before WE went public?

When every employee, management and hourly, seeks to work with Integrity and not against him.

That is when things will start to change

anonymous,

I have included my answers to your questions in your quote above.

Sincerely,
I

just_a_number

To All,

Are you aware that there are 4 types of safety committees established in the National Contract?

The contract states that the Employer and the Union have developed the Safety Committees.

It is my opinion that every one reading this should immediately read and study Section 20.4 of article 18.

The employer will continue to violate the safety rights of this union as long as the local union officials allow them to.

They will snub their noses at the safety committee rights and processes bargained for and paid for by the dues of the members of this union.

It is more true than ever that the safety committees are a farce.

The level that the company can make something so critcal to the well being of the rank and file a farce,

is the level that the company can make a farce out of local union officials.

Sincerely,
I

our local here in ct brought in fancy dancy union letters to all chsp telling them that the saftey committee will be disbanded in two days...im shocked my local actually grew a pair

anonymous,

I have included my answers to your questions in your quote above.

Sincerely,
I
Integrity

Sorry bro but your response is pretty weak. If you want the members of this forum to take you seriously you should reveal a little about yourself. Being as polite as you are isn't enough for me I will always poke fun at you. Maybe if you lossen up a little you will find the answers you are seeking. Last time I checked I still had integrity and I can also portray myself as a loving mistake prone god fearing human being that is for sure who I am.

WHO ARE YOU ?

Sincerely