Dog attack - Ok drivers. What you you do?

Mindless wonder

I carried a box-cutter to cut off cod tags years ago, but when all you see is teeth and snarls coming at you, it's hard to be that accurate with your knife.(was only bit 3 times in 26 years)

I have a house on my route. It has a 6 foot chain link fence around it. The lady has 3 dogs,one black and a chocolate Lab. She also has one mean crazy, German Shepherd.

i pull up to the house, dogs were out,but nobody was home. (Yes I tapped the horn) I tossed the package over the fence (shipper release) . The German Shepherd, chewed the crap out of that box.

then it lifted it's leg and pissed on it! The two labs,did the same thing!....Funny as Hell!

now the customer wants me to throw the package,on her porch roof, so the dogs can't get them!...lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a house on my route. It has a 6 foot chain link fence around it. The lady has 3 dogs,one black and a chocolate Lab. She also has one mean crazy, German Shepherd.

i pull up to the house, dogs were out,but nobody was home. (Yes I tapped the horn) I tossed the package over the fence (shipper release) . The German Shepherd, chewed the crap out of that box.

then it lifted it's leg and pissed on it! The two labs,did the same thing!....Funny as Hell!

now the customer wants me to throw the package,on her porch roof, so the dogs can't get them!...lol
Lmao...that's funny...but people like that shouldn't be allowed to own dogs. So, can u hit the porch roof from the fence? lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I like how people think we are allowed to carry pepper spray

And I love the part about how ups trains us to handle dog situations
In driver school the instructor told us we were allowed to bring pepper spray for dogs. I personally saw too many liabilities there and the possible loss of employment so opt to use my intuition, diad, boxes, etc instead.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I did punt a few little ankle biters. Never killed any though. Just got them a bit confused about their surroundings.
I dropped a large box on a small dog trying to bite me. I've also smashed a dog in the head with a diad that was trying to bite my leg and kicked one in the head that had just bit me. All 3 times the owners either said he's fine or let go of the leash as I was approaching like it was a nice dog that wanted to say hi. I'm cautious now if a dog is questionable until I know it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I dropped a large box on a small dog trying to bite me. I've also smashed a dog in the head with a diad that was trying to bite my leg and kicked one in the head that had just bit me. All 3 times the owners either said he's fine or let go of the leash as I was approaching like it was a nice dog that wanted to say hi. I'm cautious now if a dog is questionable until I know it.

I like dogs and few of them scared me. If you are afraid the dog can tell and are more likely to be aggressive. I had more trouble with little dogs that were annoying but not really dangerous. Inbred crazy little dogs.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-1.jpeg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I love dogs.

One of the dogs on my route died last week and when the owner came out and told me we both cried about it.

However...if a 100 lb dog comes charging at me with evil intent, I will defend myself by any means necessary and if the dog winds up injured or dead thats just too damn bad.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1403035232.552447.jpg

This is "Taz", who died last week. :-( Taz was a 120lb Rhodesian Ridgeback who came charging and barking at me one dark night a few years ago with the sole intention of getting a cookie. I gave him one and we were good buddies from that point on, but I can totally understand why someone who didnt know him might feel threatened.

oldngray

nowhere special
View attachment 13732

This is "Taz", who died last week. :-( Taz was a 120lb Rhodesian Ridgeback who came charging and barking at me one dark night a few years ago with the sole intention of getting a cookie. I gave him one and we were good buddies from that point on, but I can totally understand why someone who didnt know him might feel threatened.

I knew most of the dogs by name and always petted them as I walked past them. (only a couple did I ever avoid). There was a dog on a route I ran before I got my own route. He would hear the UPS truck coming and would have a small rock in his mouth he would drop on the step for the driver to throw for him to fetch. When I ran that route he would do the same to me but look at me with a puzzled expression as if to say "You aren't Al".

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Any dogs in any yard that I don't personally feel like I'd let my kid walk up to and let pet get two beeps from the curb, then a info notice with "loose dogs" and a NI1,2,3 appropriately, on the mail box. Much like the dogs themselves, you have to train owners appropriate behavior.

I have had to explain why a swing driver would dr something the following day that I sheeted as NI when they got a split that showed up on a report. After a couple times, the sups stop asking and just write "dog" on thier paper. Haven't had to do the aforementioned procedure after the first year on my regular stuff I get everyday.