Dog attack - Ok drivers. What you you do?

Pkgcar1988

Had a delivery the other day where a poddle came running at me like it wanted to bite me. I kept him in front of me barking like crazy. The homeowner finally comes out and says " he will bite you but he doesn't have any teeth so it won't hurt." So I stuck out my leg and let him go to town and sure enough no teeth. Lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I like dogs and few of them scared me. If you are afraid the dog can tell and are more likely to be aggressive. I had more trouble with little dogs that were annoying but not really dangerous. Inbred crazy little dogs.
I'm not scared of any dog. Even if the dog is being a jerk, I usually talk to it/scold it when necessary and don't turn my back to it as I'm leaving. It's only the little dogs with the napoleon complexes that try to bite me.

When I did a rural run out in the woods I used to go through a box of biscuits every 2 days and they'd climb right up in the cab with me like I'm ready to go for a ride...on my current city route I rarely see dogs at all. I just hear them barking from indoors. It's really weird to get used to. I stopped buying biscuits altogether.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Also I love when they blame the driver. I hit a dog when I was 19 in my own car, thing just blazed out into the road I was a mess. Felt so bad for the dog, then the owner comes out screaming about how he was going to sue me and called the cops.

Thankfully the cops were on my side and nothing happened. But I still felt bad.
As horrible as a dog getting hit by a car is...sad reality is...if a dog ran out into the road and was struck by a motorist...it's the other way around. The dog owner bears 100% liability for failure to restrain their dog. The driver's insurance company would actually subrogate against the dog's owner for any damage to the motorist's car and would pay $0 for the dog.

overflowed

How many times have you done DR - dog? Jettison that package and let dog eat it as you run away.
Long time ago I was in the booneys where you release over gates that everyone has out there. As I turn around to walk away I see a Jackass walk over, look at the package in the release bag, and begin to stomp it like he saw a snake. Was laughing all day long everytime I thought of it including now.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Long time ago I was in the booneys where you release over gates that everyone has out there. As I turn around to walk away I see a Jackass walk over, look at the package in the release bag, and begin to stomp it like he saw a snake. Was laughing all day long everytime I thought of it including now.
Husband of a QVC addict.

overflowed

DonkeyInTheWell.jpg

this kind of husband

gman042

Been around the block a few times
When customers order something and expect it to be delivered to their doorstep they are inviting us on their property, I guess it does not occur to most of them "hey, my dogs are out. How is the delivery person going to get to the door?" They should be thinking ahead. With todays technology they should know the exact day that delivery will take place and take measures to insure that the dogs are secured for when the delivery occurs.
But this is the real world. From the Video that the OP posted and watching the dogs interact with the owners they appear to be docile and friendly. However, as stated before, dogs can become entirely different creatures when the owners are not present. I can see how 2 large dogs could terrorize the delivery man. And I could see why he felt the need to defend himself.
It also occurs to me that these people appear to be well off... large immaculate house. Surely they have surveillance equipment installed. Every body seems to these days. Where is the video from them backing up their claim that the driver attacked the dogs? Maybe because it actually incriminates their dogs? Just a thought.
They would rather feed on the public outcry for this driver's job and be the poor picked on victim rather than take responsibility for the actions of their animals.
Shame on UPS for even responding to this situation the way the did. They should be on the driver's side and defending his actions to protect himself from aggressive animals.
I will do what ever it takes to defend myself in a situation like this even if it comes to lethal force. It is the responsibility of the property owner to insure MY safety when they invite me onto their property by ordering something.

jaker

trolling
Why do people think invisible fence keeps their dogs in no matter what , I know a few houses that have it and their dog stills go though it when it wants something bad enough

One owner told me his dog gets it twice once going out and coming back to the yard and the dog still doesn't care

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Why do people think invisible fence keeps their dogs in no matter what , I know a few houses that have it and their dog stills go though it when it wants something bad enough

One owner told me his dog gets it twice once going out and coming back to the yard and the dog still doesn't care

My dog figured out that if he endured the initial shock by the collar he could escape the confines of the fence. The collar does not continually shock the dog if outside the perimeter. It only shocks within a couple of feet of either side of the barrier.

oldngray

nowhere special
My dog figured out that if he endured the initial shock by the collar he could escape the confines of the fence. The collar does not continually shock the dog if outside the perimeter. It only shocks within a couple of feet of either side of the barrier.

My sister had a dog (Lab mix) that was so stubborn 1 shock collar wouldn't work. She had to put 2 on him.