Dog Attack (On Topic)

clean hairy

Check the home page of BC, driver in Chicago attacked and has many injuries.
Will be off recovering for quite some time, but many thanks to our Letter Carrier Friend who may have saved the life of our Brother in Brown!
Prayers for a full recovery, and for his Family to deal with this.
Just know our thoughts are with you, Brother!

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
He needs to Lawyer up. As an owner of large dogs, 130 lbs and up, I train them to obey my commands. Even though they are trained, I never put them in a situation to where them might harm another human or animal.

Wilson

They never state what kind of dog it is but...

1, Turn his back on the dog.
2, Should have kick the sheet out of the dog and throw the DIAD at him, then grab anything to beat the living sheet out of the dog.
3, The minute he saw the dog he should have shouted at the owner to control the dog, place the package on the ground, and start backing out of the situation immediately.
4, If the driver had been there many many times before then he should have known about the dog and not have gone near the house. Put the package on the ground a few feet in from the driveway and haul arse. I've seen dogs jump right through screen doors and windows.

Rookie driver.

I've been bit by more than a few dogs. I still have some scares. Never sued anyone and the dog always lost either the battle or race to the truck. I have kicked some dogs so hard in the mouth they never went near me again. 98% of the dogs are friendly as heck. Most dog that are.
Never never turn your back on a dog.

8000Shelf

Management is gonna have a tough time on this one claiming he got hurt off the job at home, but it won't stop them from trying.

Bottom rung

But there are good pit bulls .

And I love and rescue every one I can find. If I cant do it I have people, and this person did it last winter. Heres a beautiful baby girl, been through hell.
Right...there's no place for that breed. There was a three year old in the town I'm from attacked by a pit. It was licking his face and he pushed it away. The rest is history. The child survived, but will show those scars forever.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Right...there's no place for that breed. There was a three year old in the town I'm from attacked by a pit. It was licking his face and he pushed it away. The rest is history. The child survived, but will show those scars forever.
Im not an expert. Never claimed to be. I know because of their massive jaw strength they can cause severe damage when they attack. All I know is if it lives, and comes to me, it gets a chance.

ibleedbrown

They never state what kind of dog it is but...

1, Turn his back on the dog.
2, Should have kick the sheet out of the dog and throw the DIAD at him, then grab anything to beat the living sheet out of the dog.
3, The minute he saw the dog he should have shouted at the owner to control the dog, place the package on the ground, and start backing out of the situation immediately.
4, If the driver had been there many many times before then he should have known about the dog and not have gone near the house. Put the package on the ground a few feet in from the driveway and haul arse. I've seen dogs jump right through screen doors and windows.

Rookie driver.

I've been bit by more than a few dogs. I still have some scares. Never sued anyone and the dog always lost either the battle or race to the truck. I have kicked some dogs so hard in the mouth they never went near me again. 98% of the dogs are friendly as heck. Most dog that are.
Never never turn your back on a dog.

the guy said he has been delivering to that house for years and never saw a dog but this day was different he heard the dog as he approached and told the woman 4 times to not let the dog out, the lady said don't worry the dog is nice and that she had the dog under control, well she didn't the dog got passed her and attacked. sad story, hope the driver recovers.

ManInBrown

Whenever I am at a house with a dog inside flipping out when I ring the bell for a non DR package I hold the door from the outside so they can't open it. I tell them put the dog away or you do not get your package today. I don't take my hand off that door till I know the dog is secure. Hope the driver recovers

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Same thing here. If i can put a foot against it i do that. If it opens in i hold it shut..

Last edited:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I rang the bell at a house that had the main door open, but a storm door closed. a toddler heard me, but I guess the homeowner didn't or was otherwise occupied. I saw a pit in the background and he was gathering steam towards the door. The toddler, as kids will do innocently, pushed the storm door open, just as the pit was at full speed. I was a little slow grabbing the door as I had stepped back a couple of steps. I timed it to kick at the dog's head just as he got to me. I wedged my shoe into his mouth while it was wide open. I wore thick sturdy leather shoes back then, and the teeth didn't go through the shoe. We were stuck like that on the porch when the lady of the house got to the door. She was very apologetic and got ahold of the dogs' collar an put it up somewhere. When she came back to the door, my heart was still beating about 200 times/minute. I got bit 6 times in 9 years while in package, 2 times by pits. I'm a dog lover, but I have no love lost for this breed.

clean hairy

I have a yellow lab barks and growls at the door when delivery person comes.
put her in other room then open door.
let driver know this they dont mind waiting.
she only attacks her food and loves everyone but you never know.

Indecisi0n

I love how people always say "he should have done this or that". Being that I own a powerful dog and we do play rough from time to time I can tell you right now. If my dog ever grabbed onto me and starting going to town the only thing in my mind would be to get the friend away. I don't even think punching him in the face would do anything. He is that strong.

So let me go give him a treat so I remain on his good side.

Wilson

I love how people always say "he should have done this or that". Being that I own a powerful dog and we do play rough from time to time I can tell you right now. If my dog ever grabbed onto me and starting going to town the only thing in my mind would be to get the friend away. I don't even think punching him in the face would do anything. He is that strong.

Yea, its probably better to just let people think that turning your back to a dog, falling to the ground, and screaming rather than doing the opposite is better.

Good call.

Your dog is big and strong? How would he/she do with a baseball size rock thrown down on its head with all the energy your can muster?

The first thing I do when back into a fight with a dog is look for an equalizer.

Does he chew on your socks?

Indecisi0n

Yea, its probably better to just let people think that turning your back to a dog, falling to the ground, and screaming rather than doing the opposite is better.

Good call.

Your dog is big and strong? How would he/she do with a baseball size rock thrown down on its head with all the energy your can muster?

The first thing I do when back into a fight with a dog is look for an equalizer.
I didn't say to do nothing. Just shedding light on fact sometimes there's nothing you really can do.

So you carry around a baseball size rock with you?