Dog Attack (On Topic)

Faceplanted

Some people are just talking out of their ass in this thread.

True American put bull terriers are one of the most human friendly dogs you will ever meet. Generations of breeding have made them dog aggressive, but unless their is a problem with them it's in their nature to be great with humans.

"Game" pit bulls i.e. The meanest most vicious fighters have such control of biting humans that a person can get in the middle of a fight and not have to worry about being bit. This is how they have been bread. They are meant to respect and listen to their owners which is why they make such loyal companions.

They had a totally different appreciation years ago, idiots gave them a bad name

Now let's talk statistics about why they are more "dangerous" than other dogs. Pitt bulls are the most abused badly treated dogs around. Who owns Pitt Bulls? Usually low income un educated owners who live in bad neighborhoods and actually want their dog to be aggressive as to protect their house when they live in a bad neighborhood.

Also most of these pit bull attacks you hear are not pit bulls are mutts. A true pit female should be around 50lb and male about 65lb. People are crossing things like cane corso, American bull dogs and other bigger "guard dog breed" in with the apbt blood line to get meaner bigger dogs.

I have been around Pitts all my life, I trust them just as much if not more than any other breed. I have never had one problem with any of mine or any of my friends dogs and that includes around small children and the elderly. My current female is a bit dog aggressive with other females but like I said that's a known trait with them. I hate when uneducated people want to spit their wrong knowledge about a topic they have no clue about.

I know quite a bit about the breed and would be happy to answer any questions

9.5 everyday

the guy said he has been delivering to that house for years and never saw a dog but this day was different he heard the dog as he approached and told the woman 4 times to not let the dog out, the lady said don't worry the dog is nice and that she had the dog under control, well she didn't the dog got passed her and attacked. sad story, hope the driver recovers.
I found out there was a pit on my route after delivering there for 3 years. I found out because a seasoned driver was bit on his face while delivering a split off my route. He had bent down to fend off a bull dog and the pit attacked. Ripped a hole threw his lip and chin. In Baltimore I believe you have to have $100,000 in home owners insurance if you chose to own that type of dog. I don't know what happened as the result, but I hope his pockets are a bit fatter from this incident.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Some people are just talking out of their ass in this thread.

True American put bull terriers are one of the most human friendly dogs you will ever meet. Generations of breeding have made them dog aggressive, but unless their is a problem with them it's in their nature to be great with humans.

"Game" pit bulls i.e. The meanest most vicious fighters have such control of biting humans that a person can get in the middle of a fight and not have to worry about being bit. This is how they have been bread. They are meant to respect and listen to their owners which is why they make such loyal companions.

They had a totally different appreciation years ago, idiots gave them a bad name

Now let's talk statistics about why they are more "dangerous" than other dogs. Pitt bulls are the most abused badly treated dogs around. Who owns Pitt Bulls? Usually low income un educated owners who live in bad neighborhoods and actually want their dog to be aggressive as to protect their house when they live in a bad neighborhood.

Also most of these pit bull attacks you hear are not pit bulls are mutts. A true pit female should be around 50lb and male about 65lb. People are crossing things like cane corso, American bull dogs and other bigger "guard dog breed" in with the apbt blood line to get meaner bigger dogs.

I have been around Pitts all my life, I trust them just as much if not more than any other breed. I have never had one problem with any of mine or any of my friends dogs and that includes around small children and the elderly. My current female is a bit dog aggressive with other females but like I said that's a known trait with them. I hate when uneducated people want to spit their wrong knowledge about a topic they have no clue about.

I know quite a bit about the breed and would be happy to answer any questions

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

Statistics will be provided on dog attacks by breed. Click to find out more.

Faceplanted

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

Statistics will be provided on dog attacks by breed. Click to find out more.
Just as I said, pit bulls are the most abused least taken care of breed. A vast majority of their owners are lower income and unintelligent. Many of their owners get them for "security" purposes. Idk if you haven ever delivered in the hood but over here every other yard has a mix bread huge aggressive pit bull to keep the cops and robbers away.

Go to your local shelter, i will bet over 50% of all dogs are pitbulls, most of them look like they have been treated like crap.

If you think about these facts, any "study" on dog bites are invalid. Responsible owners are important to any breed, not just pitbulls. Pitbulls are no more prone to attack than any other breed, when they do though they usually will cause more harm than say a lab, but a German shephard or any bigger dog is just as dangerous.

When you start mixing dogo Argentino, cane corso, and other mastiff breads who are meant to either hunt hogs or guard a house with pitbulls, what comes out is not a pitbull, even though it looks like one just bigger. The temperament is totally off what it should. Idk if you remember the Dalmatian problem years ago, but bad breeding caused lots of them to be very aggressive and attack kids.

Faceplanted

Also from that study, there is no per capa data. There are more pitbulls out there so of course there is gonna be more bites. There is no way you can give a rate of murders if you don't divide it with the population.

Either way i know people feel how they will feel, I have dealt with doggy racism my whole life, I'm very happy to let people interact with my dog and change their idea of "pitbulls"

Wilson

I didn't say to do nothing. Just shedding light on fact sometimes there's nothing you really can do.

So you carry around a baseball size rock with you?

I don't carry them but Ill find one or something as effective and if all else fails the diad will do.

9.5 everyday

I have a few Pitts on my route and are great. Give them treats and belly rubs. My best friend had them all his life so I'm probably more comfortable around them than a lot of people that haven't had the exposure. The fact is that this dog bit my buddy on his face even though the owner got the dog to sit and stop. The bull dog tried to attack him,reactively the pitt, defending his brother dog, attacked. This was a middle class neighborhood. It wasn't a hood dog. I'm pretty sure that dog is 6ft under now. Which is where any dog should be if it attacks a human in that manner.

Ms.PacMan

I got bit in the thigh a couple weeks ago at a business. Dog was behind the counter and ran around and bit me as I was setting the boxes down on the ground. I told the owner that the dog bit me and he refused to believe me. Not a horrible bite but it could have been worse.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 123

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never been bitten by a dog in over 27 years of driving.

I will say from 27+years of experience that pitbulls are far easier for me to "read" in terms of body language than German Shepherds or Chows are. A pitbull makes its intentions towards you immediately clear. I feel far safer dealing with pits than with any number of other breeds. You may not agree with me and thats ok, but its tough to argue with my bite-avoidance success rate. How can you improve upon perfection?

Wilson

1, The person has a weapon, is facing the dog, and drops it. Huh!
2, Use the weapon first to strike the dog.
3, For a dog this size #2 won't be enough. This is a real battle and my adrenaline would be pumping as would anyones.
4, Stop trying to pull away and pick the dog up off the ground. His mouth is occupied and all his power is coming from his legs. Body slam the dog on to the floor or slam it into the wall. While the dog is off his attack plan during your wrestlemania with him grab his head and snap his neck or place you knee down on his neck and immobile him and can break his lower jaw.

This takes a lot of situational presence of mind and I can imagine most people that don't have much experience in close quarter combat to be able to do this. Even my example is just one of the ways you can defend yourself. You have to attack back at the dog with as much viciousness or more than the dog.