Dog bite to the face

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I pretty much agree with what has been said. Except about the union hall lawyers. My experience with the union recomended lawyers causes me to think they cant get business any other way. Every single one really has sucked. Chances of getting a better one on your own.

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Get an attorney.
Be prepared to face the DM and he will tell you how you did it all wrong. you obviously didnt follow procedures.
Dont work on vicodin, and if you do, in the building only.
Even if you never feared dogs before, and love them as I do. From now on when you hear the jingle of your own keys you will about pee yourself.
A dog attack affects you deeply.
It is your livelihood, the irresponsible dog owner just made your job alot harder, See other posts about dog bites, you will see what you are up against.
I hope your center is better than mine,
Ill say a prayer for you>
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/question-about-dog-bites-341182/

Re-Raise

Sue the hell out of them and punish that idiot lady for not being able to control her own dog. Hopefully that animal will be in the ground soon.

Hope you feel better soon.

Johney

Sue the hell out of them and punish that idiot lady for not being able to control her own dog. Hopefully that animal will be in the ground soon.

It's not the dogs fault, it's just like you first said, punish the lady for not controlling her dog twice from the sound of it.Why kill the dog for doing what that type of dog is trained to do.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Johney is very wise. The dog is innocent. All dog owners like her should be rounded up and brought to my house. Don't worry about what's going to happen. Just let me take care of it. The poor dogs should be given second chances, not the owners.

Box_Junkie

I agree, I am more upset with the owner than the dog. Still though with this incident and statements from other people bout this same dog, it needs to be put down. It is a danger to people in the future could have killed a kid. There is no reason for a dog like that to be alive. If it was doing its job, it wouldn't have attacked when the owner opened the door and was UN-provoked! A guard dog that is trained knows that if the owner welcomes the guest not to attack. I have no sympathy for a blatantly vicious dog. And yes my job will be hindered for a long time. Always worrying about this type of thing. What if I have to get a sig. and you people come to the door with a dog, I'm gonna freak out. I will have a nasty scar on my face unless I can get it fixed and will have to face the public every day. So yes I am bitter with the owner, not as much the dog as it did not raise and train itself. I still feel that any UN-provoked dog deserves NO second chance! Not to mention the crazy scary dog dreams I've had lately. Also what if a dog although playful jumps on me or runs at me and I overreact and defend myself? I could very easily NOT be a good judge of dog character after this. I could hurt a dog thinking I'm going to defend myself before I get bit again. This stuff is driving me crazy. I definitely don't want to hurt an innocent dog, but how am I to know? The dog that got me made no noise until he was latched on to my face while I was scanning at the front door. I may need to see a person like a dog trainer for advice or couseling on how to deal with dogs, I don't know yet.

Last edited:

bigbrownhen

Visiting a dog trainer is a good idea. It could help with any issues you have on dealing with dogs in the future. There are a few others on here who have experienced dog bites. They could give you advice on how they felt and handle the situations now.

Indecisi0n

fun88.png

Box_Junkie

No not at all. Another driver told me he delivered there the day after the incident. All the homeowner said was "the dogs gone." The driver said she seemed relieved the dog was gone. Not once did the lady even ask how I was doing! Another driver on another route delivered to the ladies nephew and he brought it up and asked the driver if I was ok and how bad it was. Driver told me the nephew seemed shocked to learn how serious my injuries were.

Re-Raise

It's not the dogs fault, it's just like you first said, punish the lady for not controlling her dog twice from the sound of it.Why kill the dog for doing what that type of dog is trained to do.

I have owned many dogs over the years. I don't even know how you make a dog bite every stranger it sees. How do you make a dog act that way?

I have found that most dogs are pretty similar in behavior to their owners. If the people are great people their dogs are usually wagging their tails and well behaved. If the people are complete jerks with no concern for anyone else you can bet their dogs are jerks.

Guard dogs? The most dangerous dogs on my route are guarding the garbage dump trailers.

That dog isn't innocent, he is a menace and I have no problem with being the one to end him.

Box_Junkie

I am not interested in suing because of money as much as making this lady learn a lesson on compassion, and why not to continue to own a dog that is either horribly trained or just a natural vicious dog. The dog will get its punishment I am fairly certain of that, but the lady may not learn a lesson and get another dog to raise wrong that she cant control, so I feel like I'm doing myself, other delivery people, etc.. a favor by going after the owner legally.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am not interested in suing because of money as much as making this lady learn a lesson on compassion, and why not to continue to own a dog that is either horribly trained or just a natural vicious dog. The dog will get its punishment I am fairly certain of that, but the lady may not learn a lesson and get another dog to raise wrong that she cant control, so I feel like I'm doing myself, other delivery people, etc.. a favor by going after the owner legally.

You shouldn't feel bad about anything. She needs the lesson even if the lesson is just to have home owner's ins. for events like this. You consider your adult size and the size of a child.....you had a cheek bite, maybe a child would get a neck bite. Scary!

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I have owned many dogs over the years. I don't even know how you make a dog bite every stranger it sees. How do you make a dog act that way?

I have found that most dogs are pretty similar in behavior to their owners. If the people are great people their dogs are usually wagging their tails and well behaved. If the people are complete jerks with no concern for anyone else you can bet their dogs are jerks.

Guard dogs? The most dangerous dogs on my route are guarding the garbage dump trailers.

That dog isn't innocent, he is a menace and I have no problem with being the one to end him.

So is that why my dog is such a ***** &@L@.. I just never put it toghether.

Lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Johney is very wise. The dog is innocent. All dog owners like her should be rounded up and brought to my house. Don't worry about what's going to happen. Just let me take care of it. The poor dogs should be given second chances, not the owners.

I am a hardcore dog lover myself, but I strongly feel that a dog that attacks and bites a person without provocation is a danger to the community and needs to be euthanized. I agree that the owner is at fault for failing to train and properly secure the dog, but a dog that big that has shown aggression is too dangerous to be given a second chance.

When I was a kid our neighbors had a big German Shepherd that they allowed to run free and it used to chase kids. One day it attacked a 12 yr old girl who was delivering newspapers and it tore the hell out of her face and partially severed her ear. After the ambulance left, my dad went over to the owners house and informed them that they had one hour to get rid of the dog or he would shoot it the next time he saw it running free. They took the dog to the pound and had it put down.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We don't know what was going on inside the home that might have gotten the dog to such a state. I agree that dogs who attack without provocation most likely need to be put down, I just like to be sure of the facts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We don't know what was going on inside the home that might have gotten the dog to such a state. I agree that dogs who attack without provocation most likely need to be put down, I just like to be sure of the facts.
Doorbells set them off !!!

Johney

I agree, how many times have you heard of a family Pit Bull attack a young child and maul them to death only to have a family member say they were never ever aggressive. If this dog was aggresive in the past(missed that)then put him down or lock him up VERY securly.
Box-junkie,I know how you feel, although I have never been attacked to your degree, I have come very close and I can tell you I DREAD when I have a sig req pkg and I hear a big dog barking on the otherside. I back as far from the door as possible,box on the groung in front and DIAD ready to swing. Most to a big freindly golden, but still I sweat it and I was never attacked. Good luck my freind you are most definitly going to need it!