dog bite?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My favorite dog is one that stays where it is and ignores me. After more then a year on this route they still come up and bite my empty hand. I don't mind dogs or even people for that matter but both get in the way of me getting my job done in a timely manner.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My favorite dog is one that stays where it is and ignores me. After more then a year on this route they still come up and bite my empty hand. I don't mind dogs or even people for that matter but both get in the way of me getting my job done in a timely manner.

Keeping a couple of biscuits in my pocket to give to friendly dogs as I am walking to the customers porch has never prevented me from getting my job done in a timely manner. It is also a safety issue; zero dog bites for me or my coworkers on my area in 19 years is the result of me taking a moment here and there to maintain good relations with the dogs on my route. And unlike some customers who never seem to know when to shut up, dogs dont get all butt hurt if you are in a hurry and just toss em a cookie and say "good boy" without stopping to chat for five minutes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldupsman

How about a happy dog story. Customer I delivered to for years. Used to get alot of small bags, Spiegels. Penny, L.L. Bean.
When I pulled up to the house she let her Golden Retriever out the door. He come running up to the car, I put the bag in his mouth,
off he go back to the house and she would wave from the kitchen window. I would put down MD for met dog.
Took awhile until someone caught the MD thing.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
How about a happy dog story. Customer I delivered to for years. Used to get alot of small bags, Spiegels. Penny, L.L. Bean.
When I pulled up to the house she let her Golden Retriever out the door. He come running up to the car, I put the bag in his mouth,
off he go back to the house and she would wave from the kitchen window. I would put down MD for met dog.
Took awhile until someone caught the MD thing.

Spiegel's?

Damn man, you are old!

rod

Retired 22 years
Spiegel 608454? I believe Pennys was 579412

Now that I think of it I believe both of those shipper numbers are JC Pennys. Its funny how a person can remember numbers and stuff from years ago and not remember what they did a couple of days ago.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2491012.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1394740183.238975.jpg

If I had never met that dog before, I would remain in the cab and toss it a biscuit and see how it reacted. Friendly dogs who get a biscuit will usually eat it and then put their paws up on the bottom step in order to beg for another one. In 27 years of driving I have never seen a dog beg for a biscuit and then act aggressively afterward. There is a big Rottie on my route and by the time I have the park brake set and the bulkhead door open he is already up in the cab giving kisses and trying to mooch a treat from me.

Sent using BrownCafe App