dog bite?

Rico

LMAO!!

How about 210711?
I don't think there was any company that produced more tracers than Fingerhut. Our center manager even told us to stop DRing Fingerhut packagesfor a while, until the send agains and denial of signatures built up.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
And that makes it all the better, because you sue a corporation instead of a person.

Hypothetically, if I come to your home and Rowdy scratches me and breaks my skin, should I sue? If I go someplace where there is an inherent danger, I assume some of the risk.
SCOTUS has decreed that corporations are people as far as campaign contributions are concerned. Must be the same for insurance companies and dog bites.

Packmule

If you didn't file immediately, don't file now. You are in violation of requirement to file injuries within first day. Could result in serious disciplinary action. I'd talk to the steward first, see the doc on your own nickel.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you didn't file immediately, don't file now. You are in violation of requirement to file injuries within first day. Could result in serious disciplinary action. I'd talk to the steward first, see the doc on your own nickel.

So what if you get a warning letter for not turning in injury paperwork on time. I'd rather get that than a bill from the doctor. Our medical insurance wont cover work-related injuries, when you go to the doctor and fill out admission form they will ask if the injury occurred on the job and if you answer "yes" then the bill needs to go to UPS's work comp carrier.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Packmule

So what if you get a warning letter for not turning in injury paperwork on time. I'd rather get that than a bill from the doctor. Our medical insurance wont cover work-related injuries, when you go to the doctor and fill out admission form they will ask if the injury occurred on the job and if you answer "yes" then the bill needs to go to UPS's work comp carrier.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The way I hear it, a dog bite is an OSHA reportable injury that costs UPS a $1000 fine if so much as a tetnis shot is required. Failing to report any injury in alotted time counts as a dishonest act and costs UPS $5000. And the driver can clean out his locker. Just what I've heard.

32F driver

Back in '05 when I was a swing driver, a pit bull charged me as I was setting down a package in a rural garage. Don't know how I managed to stay calm as I had nowhere to run. Old school large diad 2 or 3 (big sucker). I stayed croutched down, both hands at the bottom sides of the diad & prepared to defend myself. When the dog jumped, with his jaws open to bite. I swung the diad like a baseball bat with everything I had. Broke his trajectory with a diad upside his head. Went from snarling to yelping, turned to run away & fell down twice. Brain damage, the owners put him down. Don't hate, it was him or me, pure self defense.

Packmule

Back in '05 when I was a swing driver, a pit bull charged me as I was setting down a package in a rural garage. Don't know how I managed to stay calm as I had nowhere to run. Old school large diad 2 or 3 (big sucker). I stayed croutched down, both hands at the bottom sides of the diad & prepared to defend myself. When the dog jumped, with his jaws open to bite. I swung the diad like a baseball bat with everything I had. Broke his trajectory with a diad upside his head. Went from snarling to yelping, turned to run away & fell down twice. Brain damage, the owners put him down. Don't hate, it was him or me, pure self defense.
Dog lover here, but you do what you have to do when necessary. I had to kick and scream at a springer trying to take me apart last summer. Owner, who would not come out and control the dog, filed a complaint. Worthless sup puts note in board for drivers to act professional and not kick dog. I tore the whole management team a new ass. Now there is a Dropbox outside the dog's range. Do what you gotta do!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The way I hear it, a dog bite is an OSHA reportable injury that costs UPS a $1000 fine if so much as a tetnis shot is required. Failing to report any injury in alotted time counts as a dishonest act and costs UPS $5000. And the driver can clean out his locker. Just what I've heard.

You have heard incorrectly.

Sent using BrownCafe App

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If there were I am certain I would end up talking to myself. :eek:

To the OP---bruising of the skin is still considered to be an injury. You need to follow up with a physician over the weekend and file an injury report first thing Monday morning. You also need to pursue legal action against the homeowner for her failure to control her dog which resulted in physical injury to you. This time it was only a bruise----who knows what may happen next time.

And what makes you think you would be the only one here?? :angel::wink-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got nipped, a few months back by a dog owned by a quadraplegic. Usually the 24/7 aide holds the dog. This one did not, I bent down to leave the packages inside door and it bit me in the derriere. It hurt like heck. It broke the skin, and had a huge bruise. But I could not report him. I knew it had its shots. And it was only protecting his master. Had it been anyone else I would have reported it, and sued.
And I am a huge dog lover. Never get mad at the dog, just the person who owns it.

toonertoo said:
I got nipped, a few months back by a dog owned by a quadraplegic. Usually the 24/7 aide holds the dog. This one did not, I bent down to leave the packages inside door and it bit me in the derriere. It hurt like heck. It broke the skin, and had a huge bruise. But I could not report him. I knew it had its shots. And it was only protecting his master. Had it been anyone else I would have reported it, and sued.
And I am a huge dog lover. Never get mad at the dog, just the person who owns it.
Can I put

a Band-Aid on it, for you?:getwell: