Dog bites

rod

Retired 22 years
Every driver who has been around for a few years has been bit by a dog. Technically you aren't a real driver until you have been bit by a cat or a goat or even a goose.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Every driver who has been around for a few years has been bit by a dog. Technically you aren't a real driver until you have been bit by a cat or a goat or even a goose.

I have almost 25 years in as a driver and I have yet to be bitten by a dog on the job.

lateagain

I have been bitten by a goose. Never a dog. I have had to kick the mess out of one, but that was me or him. I am not a violent person, but something came over me, and in the end the dog ran home relatively unharmed.

Packmule

I've been bit at least ten times. The dogs in Oregon must be smoking pot with their owners or something.
While visiting relatives in Oregon, we went to a place to look at puppies and my daughter was attacked by a dog. Yes Oregon dogs are on something!!

Leftinbuilding

I think geese are the worst. In rattlesnake country people keep geese because they will kill a snake, but a snakes bite can't penetrate the goose's down. I have had them charge me and try to bite. I have kicked them, stuck a DIAD in their face, as well as literally turn and run, lol. They can be very intimidating. But....I didn't worry about rattlesnakes at those stops.

Leftinbuilding

Once had a woman intentionally let her dog out to "see if he will bite." She said there had been some rapes in her area and she had bought the dog for protection, but didn't know if he would really bite someone. He tried, but he probably had second thoughts on the next person she used as a test dummy. Needless to say, she and I had an understanding before I left.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I got bit nine times in 22 years in package car. Most were smaller, Paris Hilton-type yappers. Always going for my ankle or Achilles heel. Little rat bastards. Also got on the business end of Rottweilers, two separate times. Those were the worst. If the owner was there, they always said, "He won't bite." On my rural route, I had a bunch of really cool blue-heelers. A old boy once told me to watch out for them. Never had a problem, until one caught me unaware one day, wamling up to a porch. He flew by me one way, and I didn't think anything of it. Came back from the porch, towards the PC, looked up, and saw this mad blue-heeler jumping through the air trying to get me. He missed, and I charged back to the PC without getting bit. Good thing I had toilet paper in the truck.

The only thing worse than that throbbing you feel with each heartbeat at a bite wound, is the very painful antibiotic shot a got in the ass two separate times in the ER.

Oh yeah, 7 of those nine times I got bit, management said it was my fault. Go figure.

I think geese are the worst. In rattlesnake country people keep geese because they will kill a snake, but a snakes bite can't penetrate the goose's down. I have had them charge me and try to bite. I have kicked them, stuck a DIAD in their face, as well as literally turn and run, lol. They can be very intimidating. But....I didn't worry about rattlesnakes at those stops.
I e been charged by them also its not very fun.

Re-Raise

The day I run from a goose is the day they can have my man card. Come on man it is a damn bird.