Dog Deterent

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So is a size 10 1/2 to the jaw.

Guess my size 9 1/2 - 10, would get gobbled right up.

I also do that.

There has been a push in our region to tap the horn at every stop. I am now in the habit of doing it. Some of my regulars say that the horn will wake the dogs up, even if I am 5-6 houses away.

Gonna have to start carrying more dog treats.

BTW, I carry the smallest size, bulk, generic that the local grocery store carries. I suspect that 'dog crack' is one of the ingredients. All dogs LOVE them.

TB

LOL, I hope you're talking about drugs and not doggie Butt.:wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I give all my dogs "noogies" which is where you scratch them really hard right under the collar on the side of the neck. They will start kicking their back leg and I can get a few of them to collapse in a quivering heap onto the pavement. I guess I am lucky because I have no mean dogs on my route, they all love me and come running up to the truck and jump in. I have an 80 lb. pitbull that thinks she is a lap dog and she will literally try to crawl up onto my lap like a little puppy while I am still in the driver seat. I love dogs.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I give all my dogs "noogies" which is where you scratch them really hard right under the collar on the side of the neck. They will start kicking their back leg and I can get a few of them to collapse in a quivering heap onto the pavement. I guess I am lucky because I have no mean dogs on my route, they all love me and come running up to the truck and jump in. I have an 80 lb. pitbull that thinks she is a lap dog and she will literally try to crawl up onto my lap like a little puppy while I am still in the driver seat. I love dogs.

you saw that on shark week were they put the sharks to sleep

lol im kidding

Big Babooba

i would only hit the dog as last resort they have a job to do also

they are not union, but work as directed and they take there breaks how would you like to be hit in face by customer as you hand them their pkg.
If I tried to bite the customer, I would deserve it. In the last 20 years I,ve only had to hit 3 dogs. Two of them already had their mouths clamped onto my leg. Zeuss got nailed in mid-lunge. I'm a dog lover, but I also love to keep my body intact. I used to feed them cookies, but it got to the point where they crowd around the truck and get in the way as I pulled up. Some dogs don't have enough sense to get out of the way when I was leaving. Some would jump in the back as I was getting the package and wouldn't come out. Others would follow me up the street. I had to put an end to it. I didn't want to run over one of my buddies. Sorry, no more biscuits.:dissapointed:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Some dogs don't have enough sense to get out of the way when I was leaving. Some would jump in the back as I was getting the package and wouldn't come out.

I like dogs also, but I had a dog get into the back of my truck.....the way he was sniffin', I thought that he was gonna lift a leg!!! Don't cha know I put a stop to that! Now I make sure they stay outside.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My first choice is biscuits. The second choice is my shoe. If I've never been to the resi before I carry a 9-iron I keep on my top package shelf. I've only used it once.

rod

Retired 22 years
My first choice is biscuits. The second choice is my shoe. If I've never been to the resi before I carry a 9-iron I keep on my top package shelf. I've only used it once.

A 9 iron--- that"s original:wink2: I can see it now--FORE----------there goes the tip of Fluffys nose.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I keep a broom in my truck. If they don't get the message with the straw end, a running stab from the other end gives me a fighting chance.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I used a 2-iron with the clubface sawed off. It worked well until my sup made me take it off the car.
Never could hit the damm 2-iron anyway.

Chnandler Bong

Holding a tote box in one hand and the pkg in the other seems to work for me. Usually keeps the dog at a safe distance. I also honk a few times to let the homeowner know I am there. If this doesn't work, I use the NI method, noting bad dog in remarks, and feel no sorrow if I have to send it back on day 3.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
I keep a 24" piece of broom handle on my front dash. I carry it like a drum major so the dogs don't realize that I'm carrying it. When they are close enough and aggressive. I just flick my wrist and aim for the bridge of the snout. They yelp but most lose the aggression at least towards me!

One of our drivers took a swipe at a boxer, with his DIAD, that was charging him. Didn't hit the dog, just made him back off. The dogs owner came out of the garage and hit the driver in the face with his fist and then squared off for the fight, yelling "you don't ever try to hit MY DOG!". The driver just gave the guy his package and left. He told me that he was afraid to hit the guy back for fear of loosing his job.
That's not how I would have resolved that incident.

rushfan

Find that old urine bottle that the last package car driver filled up. Open it, and throw it on the dog. There goes your problem.

rod

Retired 22 years
One of our drivers took a swipe at a boxer, with his DIAD, that was charging him. Didn't hit the dog, just made him back off. The dogs owner came out of the garage and hit the driver in the face with his fist and then squared off for the fight, yelling "you don't ever try to hit MY DOG!". The driver just gave the guy his package and left. He told me that he was afraid to hit the guy back for fear of loosing his job.
That's not how I would have resolved that incident.

The driver did the right thing but I hope he filed asult charges against this idiot:biting:

satellitedriver

I used a 2-iron with the clubface sawed off. It worked well until my sup made me take it off the car.
Never could hit the damm 2-iron anyway.
I still have mine, I also ground the tip (being a tube it is really two tips) to a very sharp point (points) and will not penetrate too deep.
Pretty much a swatting tool, but it can become a get away from me right now tool.
This is a great tool, when you know you are endangered by the local mutt and have it with you, but most times drivers can be caught unawares.
Your belt is your best friend, with just a little practice, you can learn to one handed unbuckle and draw it like a Samurai unsheathing his blade.
Buckle in hand, for just get away from me, buckle on the receiving end to inflict pain.
Practice comes in handy, ain't no fun to have that swirling belt buckle come back and hit you square in the nose.