Dog Deterent

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
One of our drivers took a swipe at a boxer, with his DIAD, that was charging him. Didn't hit the dog, just made him back off. The dogs owner came out of the garage and hit the driver in the face with his fist and then squared off for the fight, yelling "you don't ever try to hit MY DOG!". The driver just gave the guy his package and left. He told me that he was afraid to hit the guy back for fear of loosing his job.
That's not how I would have resolved that incident.
If it had been me, I would have left the property but in no way would I have vacated my parking spot. I would have sat there until the local PD showed up and when I got done with the phone call they would have been on the spot toot sweet. I keep all our local law enforcement numbers in my cell phone ......................... just in case. never know when I might have to call.

Boxy

So is a size 10 1/2 to the jaw.

+1

If you kick a dog hard enough, it will remember who you are and that you will most likely be kicking it's rear end if it approaches you again.

I had one bite me once. Thankfully I knew it was going to bite me so I held my arm up, let him latch on that and then picked him up, cradled him like a baby and broke it's back on my knee.

TGD

I need more carbon paper
Mechanics used to tell me that the old Ford 300 straight 6 gave off a whine that only dogs could hear. Some of you old timers will remember every dog in the area waiting at the curb before you turned the corner in your P600 or P800. On a positive note, the customer often met you outside as their dog had alerted them when you were still a block away. Never left the car on a lot of stops!

backinbrown

respect my authority
+1

If you kick a dog hard enough, it will remember who you are and that you will most likely be kicking it's rear end if it approaches you again.

I had one bite me once. Thankfully I knew it was going to bite me so I held my arm up, let him latch on that and then picked him up, cradled him like a baby and broke it's back on my knee.

I refuse to believe you did that

if you did shame on you

i know your defence is dog bit you but cmon i am sorry i think that is just wrong

if you broke my dogs back i would have a big problem with that.

jmo

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
I was told that mace/pepper spray was viewed as a weapon and therefore could not be carried becuase of the UPS weapon policy.

I do carry a couple of Old Roy dog biscuts with me.
So far, I've be tackle and licked by a St. Bernard and bit in the ankle by several Yorkies

P

pickup

i would only hit the dog as last resort they have a job to do also

they are not union, but work as directed and they take there breaks how would you like to be hit in face by customer as you hand them their pkg.

yeah, you're right , they work like dogs .

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
I was told that mace/pepper spray was viewed as a weapon and therefore could not be carried becuase of the UPS weapon policy.

I do carry a couple of Old Roy dog biscuts with me.
So far, I've be tackle and licked by a St. Bernard and bit in the ankle by several Yorkies

Can you post the policy scripture? I looked in NMA and didn't see it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I refuse to believe you did that

if you did shame on you

i know your defence is dog bit you but cmon i am sorry i think that is just wrong

if you broke my dogs back i would have a big problem with that.

jmo

boxy-eraser.jpg
Failed to mention that it was a Teacup Poodle.

teacup-poodle.jpg