Dogs Saved by UPS Driver

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Good Samaritan? - YouTube
When I was a delivery driver, my sup told me I was not to even talk to my customers, much less save a dog on company time. I am sorry to say, but no matter what I come across while on UPS time, I will just keep driving. No good deed goes unpunished at UPS. If a driver pulls up on a (example) car on fire and gets out to help, that driver would be stealing time.. In Charlotte NC that is the way it is. I would not stop no matter what the situation is. UPS of course would spin it to their advantage if a driver "saved" someone/thing, but if they dislike that driver, he/she would be fired for stealing company time. This company has left me with a very bad attitude because of the way they treat drivers who are doing the job by the methods, following all habits, but they dislike because they stand up for themselves.
Sorry to hear that,but you gottah watch out in Massachusetts , we have aGood Samaritan Law here !!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We are not only super Hero drivers but some of us are super good people. I can't believe someone would lose themselves and not help someone in need just because of this company.

26 yrs of doing this job with the last 18 being in the same delivery area have shown me that kharma is a real thing. I cant count the number of times that I may have taken an extra minute or two here and there to do the "right thing", only to have my actions rewarded tenfold. I once spent about 10 minutes of company time "delivering" a dog that I found running loose back to its home; 4 years later its owner passed me on the road one night when I was stuck in the snow and pulled me out with his 4x4, saving the company hundreds of dollars in tow bills and lost time. Another time I was delivering to a house, heard a "pop" and noticed water starting to flow out from under his RV due to a frozen/broken water supply hose. I took a minute to jog back to the house and shut the water off at the spigot, which saved the carpeting and interior of the RV from damage and prevented his driveway from becoming a lake of ice. This person lives in a hilly, gated community and a few years later on a snowy day during peak he met me at the bottom of the driveway in his 4x4 to take not only his packages but those for about 5 of his neighbors whose driveways I couldnt make it up. He signed for them all and drove around and delivered them to his neighbors which saved me a huge amount of time having to chain up. Kharma is real. It follows its own time line not ours, it may be years before your positive actions are "rewarded", and you may never even be conciously aware of the exact time or manner that it happens, but it does happen. Its never wrong to do the right thing.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I stopped in front of a guys house once and a pkg fell off shelt causing a big bang !! This 18 yr old punk walked up and said I hit his car I knew that was BS I wouldah done more damage than that,,,well he got in my face and we almost threw down,,his buddy gets out of the car and says Don't start with that guy ,he fixed my bike years ago...lol He thanked me and said his old man was gonnah kill him for messing up brothers bike ,, I said your welcome kid and his buddy was lucky I didn't go all Clint on him !!! Yor right about Karma !!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I stopped in front of a guys house once and a pkg fell off shelt causing a big bang !! This 18 yr old punk walked up and said I hit his car I knew that was BS I wouldah done more damage than that,,,well he got in my face and we almost threw down,,his buddy gets out of the car and says Don't start with that guy ,he fixed my bike years ago...lol He thanked me and said his old man was gonnah kill him for messing up brothers bike ,, I said your welcome kid and his buddy was lucky I didn't go all Clint on him !!! Yor right about Karma !!
That's happened to me also. Funny how fast their story changes when you point out the rust in the dent for an accident that just happened