Dolly/Handcart lock cut

rod

Retired 22 years
Look under the belt. Lots of handcarts under there.

Hand carts, NDA Letters from 2 weeks ago that had fallen off the belt, wads of chew, all kinds of hardware that has fallen out of packages, dead bodies of pt sups who pissed off hourlies, etc.,etc.,etc.

Grey

3619d1276913293-owning-bike-south-beach-bike_lock.jpg

liam-neeson-good-luck.jpg

Gear

Parts on Order
We all know its other hourly employees cutting off the locks, not management. Lets be truthful here. My question is why is always the hourly employee who causes headaches for the other hourly employee? Dont you deal with enough from management? Is it really necessary for us to make our jobs harder? He or she could just leave your dolly alone but not at UPS, he or she just has to take it, just to piss off his fellow union brother. They dont hate you, but they have to just cause problems. Its their right of entitlement. It seems like people are afraid to cause problems with management for fear of loosing their jobs. So instead, they mess with other hourly workers to fill that void. If you're reading this and you're that guy or gal, YOU ARE A COWARD! Take the dolly infront of him, not behind his back.

All full time employees make an excellent living, one that we know cant be replaced easily. The hardest part of my day is dealing with other hourly employees causing problems. I deal with similar situations at my hub.

542thruNthru

We all know its other hourly employees cutting off the locks, not management. Lets be truthful here. My question is why is always the hourly employee who causes headaches for the other hourly employee? Dont you deal with enough from management? Is it really necessary for us to make our jobs harder? He or she could just leave your dolly alone but not at UPS, he or she just has to take it, just to piss off his fellow union brother. They dont hate you, but they have to just cause problems. Its their right of entitlement. It seems like people are afraid to cause problems with management for fear of loosing their jobs. So instead, they mess with other hourly workers to fill that void. If you're reading this and you're that guy or gal, YOU ARE A COWARD! Take the dolly infront of him, not behind his back.

All full time employees make an excellent living, one that we know cant be replaced easily. The hardest part of my day is dealing with other hourly employees causing problems. I deal with similar situations at my hub.

In my center everyone locks the handcart in the truck. Most have the combo somewhere another driver can find it when they are on vaca. Some drivers refuse to tell people. Well guess what. I'm not working around 2 handcart all day. Snip Snip problem solved. Not your handcart and I got a job to do. If that makes me a coward than so be it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
A multi billion dollar corporation and you have to lock up a two-wheeler. Every truck should have one and there should be several spares.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A multi billion dollar corporation and you have to lock up a two-wheeler. Every truck should have one and there should be several spares.

A lot of time, initially the problem isn't other drivers. Hub rats like to "borrow" hand carts from PCs but conveniently NEVER put them back. So then a driver is short a hand cart. Then the driver stealing hand carts commences.

moldsporh

If your handcart is locked to a water pipe or conduit, they will cut it.

It's real easy, once your lock is cut, game over...don't leave until they get you a handcart. If they say leave without one and they will bring it to you, notify your center manager and let him/her know BEFORE you leave.

Don't play hero and get hurt carrying heavy boxes, or it will be your fault you didn't use a carry aid.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hand carts should not even need to be locked at all. But then again....... If drivers would stop stealing them from each other, and would take care of their own, then I guess some buildings would not feel that they have to lock them up. We don't lock ours up here. The problem we have is that when we order replacements they disappear in the hub that we get our loads from. We are an extended center so it is really hard to stop that and our management team doesn't seem to have the jewels to stand up to them and report theft.

El Correcto

god is dead
I just use my old bike lock, it cost me about 20 at Walmart. They will need something other than bolt cutters to get through it. Maybe a sledgehammer if they hit it the proper way or a torch.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In my center everyone locks the handcart in the truck. Most have the combo somewhere another driver can find it when they are on vaca. Some drivers refuse to tell people. Well guess what. I'm not working around 2 handcart all day. Snip Snip problem solved. Not your handcart and I got a job to do. If that makes me a coward than so be it.
More like a :censored2:bag

542thruNthru

More like a :censored2:bag

You don't wanna tell people your combo that's up to you.

I look at it this way.... you'll be annoyed if your handcart is missing one day out of the week.

But you think I'm a :censored2:bag because I don't wanna deal with your handcart in the way for a whole week or more.

Ya don't care. Either move the handcart or tell people that cover your route the combo. Either way it's going to be dealt with one way or the other.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You're asking drivers to be truthful instead of blaming management for their problems?
It's management's fault drivers are stealing from each other?
I'm still amazed they get locked. I think my center manager would have a coronary if someone locked up a cart.

Gear

Parts on Order
You don't wanna tell people your combo that's up to you.

I look at it this way.... you'll be annoyed if your handcart is missing one day out of the week.

But you think I'm a :censored2:bag because I don't wanna deal with your handcart in the way for a whole week or more.

Ya don't care. Either move the handcart or tell people that cover your route the combo. Either way it's going to be dealt with one way or the other.

By all the replies we have people on both sides of the topic.
This problem is real easy to solve.
Driver 1 locks his dolly so no one takes it and leaves him with nothing.
Driver 2 cuts the lock because he feels its in his way or needs the dolly.

The solution is, use the dolly and simply put it back where you got it. This way driver 1 always has a dolly and driver 2 always has a dolly. Its that easy. A little common courtesy goes a long way.