Done early

I don't foresee the lock out coming to our center any time soon.
And you probably never will as long as the majority of your drivers put the breaks/meals in the board as directed.
You also said, "but they don't really care when we record them, just as long as they are in the board.", that is true unless they get made at you and want you gone, then they can use that as proof of falsifying company documents and stealing time. For years we were told to just put the meal time down from noon to 1300 then we wouldn't have to worry about remembering the exact times we took our meal. Guess what? they threatened to fire one guy for the above mentioned violations, first by saying he took too much time (an hour at noon-1300 and another later in the day). When that didn't work because the diad showed he was delivering and not actually taking a meal at noon-1300, they then said he was falsifying records. The only thing that saved his job was that several drivers told the labor manager that we had been told to do it that way more than once in PCMs. Of course it all ended up ok, but what a hassle when it wasn't needed.

brownrodster

We don't get locked out of our board............YET! I am sure it isn't far away thou. We are supposed to be going on EDD at the end of this month, does that have anything to do with being locked out of

My center is not on PAS or EDD. But when I punch out for lunch my DIAD basically shuts down. It just gives me a screen with a time and a countdown until lunch is over. I think it's a western states thing.

We do not put our breaks in the DIAD. Lunch is required to be at least 30 minutes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We do not put our breaks in the DIAD. Lunch is required to be at least 30 minutes.

We were told to put our breaks in 'other work/ paid break'. It amazes me as to how many ways the company tells us to do things and it's never the same from area to area. Not even state to state not to mention town to town.

Tony31yrs

We didn't have the bonus system in our area, so the guys that were skipping lunch and running were killing themselves to make less money. As they got older and couldn't keep up the hectic pace, they were usually the biggest crybabies when management expected it of them all the time. When I wanted to get in early for one of my kid's games or school functions, I often had to find another driver who was able to take some work or a few pickups from me. I had to miss a lot of functions, but it was an unfortunate part of the job.

HazMatMan

Been cover driver for a few years now...no one at our center talks about flagging stops. What is a flagged stop?? Thank you !!
I'm not a driver but I think it means when you service cross a package NI but never really went to the stop. Correct me if i'm wrong.

helenofcalifornia

Or in my center it means a pickup account that has a "UPS" or "Yes" sign in their window meaning they have an outgoing package to be picked up. Isn't that weird that we all work for the same company yet have different meanings for different phrases. Kinda like a dialect of "UPS-ese."
And Brownroadster, you are locked out if you put in your lunch time and all you get is the big reverse countdown in your board. Sometimes I forget to start the lunch countdown in the board and remember later on in the day. Which is OK as long as there is no activity in the board for that time.

Griff

So who out there does NOT have to take a mandatory 1/2 or 1 hour lunch? And I thought everyone got locked out at lunch time. Another inconsistency with UPS.

They brought in the lockout system but intentionally didn't implement it nationwide. You would think they would want to eliminate any chance of another lawsuit, but I guess it's just the perfect example of how things at UPS are -- "we'll change that when a judge tells us to and not one second before". So they'll keep allowing people to code out an hour for their lunch and work through it in other states. Business as usual from management with no character or integrity.

New Englander

They brought in the lockout system but intentionally didn't implement it nationwide. You would think they would want to eliminate any chance of another lawsuit, but I guess it's just the perfect example of how things at UPS are -- "we'll change that when a judge tells us to and not one second before". So they'll keep allowing people to code out an hour for their lunch and work through it in other states. Business as usual from management with no character or integrity.

Err....okay Griff.

Why isn't the Union posting fines to drivers who violate the contract by not taking their full lunches?
Again....you talk trash about the company and any driver who will run his lunch in violation of the contract - yet have not touched the other side of it.
I'm also guessing you have already addressed this type of incident at your center as well. You know...would be rather funny to come on here with such a hard line yet in reality do nothing about it.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
The reason I don't like taking them is because after lunch, my body says it's time for a siesta, not five more hours of work. I can never get back up to the same speed as before lunch.

That's why I take lunch at the end of the day. Usually after pickups...between 6pm and 7pm, then back to the building by 7:30.

And, yeah yeah, I know...between 4th and 5th hour....Management turns a blind eye, as long as I don't forget to code out lunch in the diad I can take it whenever. :funny:

pkgdriver

including dismissal?
Griff aint afraid to lose his job and that makes him dangerous...He even told us so

Enough hijacking of the thread by me

Err....okay Griff.

Why isn't the Union posting fines to drivers who violate the contract by not taking their full lunches?
Again....you talk trash about the company and any driver who will run his lunch in violation of the contract - yet have not touched the other side of it.
I'm also guessing you have already addressed this type of incident at your center as well. You know...would be rather funny to come on here with such a hard line yet in reality do nothing about it.
I'm not sure that the union has the authority to "fine" a member for anything. It's the company's place to fairly implement the contract, including proper discipline when warranted. It isn't the union's job to keep us ( the members) in line, it IS however their responsibility to defend us against unfair practices ( including improper discipline) by the company.

New Englander

I'm not sure that the union has the authority to "fine" a member for anything. It's the company's place to fairly implement the contract, including proper discipline when warranted. It isn't the union's job to keep us ( the members) in line, it IS however their responsibility to defend us against unfair practices ( including improper discipline) by the company.

I'm not so sure.

feeder53

ADKtrails
As with most technology, there are many things a computer or Diad has the capability to do that is built in. It would be very interesting to infiltrate one and see the works.....