Dont be jealous....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...At what I'm having for Labor Day dinner

Venison tenderloin steaks from the deer I shot last fall, marinated in my wifes special marinade and cooked over the grill. We are also having a salad with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers that I picked from our garden.

Im down to less than 15 lbs of elk and deer steaks. Oh well, hunting season starts in 4 weeks.....:wink2:
venison.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sober, must be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have really good luck in the up coming hunting season. Hope you will remember me as well. hint hint:winks:

klein

Für Meno :)
Was actually never found of deer. Most here just gets made into sausage.
Moosemeat, now that's better.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Was actually never found of deer. Most here just gets made into sausage.
Moosemeat, now that's better.

I have considered booking a hunting trip to Canada. There is some really beautiful country up there. I have had elk meat many times, but never moose.

I found out a funny thing; despite having a reputation for strict gun laws, it is actually quite easy for an American on a hunting trip to bring a rifle into Canada. You pay a small fee, show ID, fill out a couple of forms and you are in. The hassle starts when you try to cross the border back into the US with your rifle...I have been told by a couple of hunters who made that trip last fall that they spend hours fighting in a bureacratic maze to come back home with their own guns.

There is also some excellent mule deer hunting in the deserts of Mexico, and its a lot cheaper, but there is no way I would even try to take my rifle there. Even if you try to do everything legally, you are only one crooked cop away from doing time in a Mexican jail.

klein

Für Meno :)
I have considered booking a hunting trip to Canada. There is some really beautiful country up there. I have had elk meat many times, but never moose.

I found out a funny thing; despite having a reputation for strict gun laws, it is actually quite easy for an American on a hunting trip to bring a rifle into Canada. You pay a small fee, show ID, fill out a couple of forms and you are in. The hassle starts when you try to cross the border back into the US with your rifle...I have been told by a couple of hunters who made that trip last fall that they spend hours fighting in a bureacratic maze to come back home with their own guns.

There is also some excellent mule deer hunting in the deserts of Mexico, and its a lot cheaper, but there is no way I would even try to take my rifle there. Even if you try to do everything legally, you are only one crooked cop away from doing time in a Mexican jail.

Elk and Bison are now raised here much as cattle. Available almost everywhere to buy all yr round.
I'm not a hunter, myself, but worked with many. Got my meats from them. And, yes, Moose is the best. Nice and tender, and really good tasting.
Cheapest way is to hunt on your own ofcourse, or find A canadian hunter to take you out.
We also have guided tours available (supply almost everything, lodging, food, probablt the rifle, too)
But are expensive.
http://www.infohub.com/travel_packages/hunting_alberta_316.html

But, yes, I do admire hunters and thier sport.
Good for you Soberups, to have such a rich hobby !