Don't give to the United Way! Here's why

rickyb

i wouldnt give to them just because UPS supports it along with other big hypocritical corrupt corporations.

these are the corporations who give to "charity", and these are the same corporations who often under pay their workers and have their workers depending on government for help, along with bribery and government subsidies.

My question about U.W. is : Are they just for national disasters ? Or will they offer assistance to individuals in terms of personal disasters? For example in my hub 2 workers have cancer & their benefits are depleted so they can't receive further chemo treatments, we are having fundraisers & raffle drawings for prizes at my hub but why? U would think U.W would help ups workers that no longer have benefits. Because of how much we collectively give. Sad !!

Cowboy Mac

They DO have to buy gas for the expensive car they have parked around the corner!

So true! There is a "homeless" lady that I see every day on the way to work who somehow can afford makeup and an iPhone 6 which she plays music off of while asking people for money.

Find a local charity to give to.. I haven't given to UW in years.. They are the reason we don't have the Boy Scouts volume anymore.. When they were trying to be forced into accepting homosexuals UPS sided with UW and the BS pulled their accounts.. However, that is not why I don't give to UW..

Regarding United Way and Boy Scouts, the information above is simply false.

Can someone tell me how to change my donation amount?
I've been at ups for a year now haven't been given any form about it since my first day.

Go to UPSers.com and select United Way 2015 from the Quick Links on the right side of the home page. Use the online form to give, choose not to give, or update/change your giving/not giving level.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Go to UPSers.com and select United Way 2015 from the Quick Links on the right side of the home page. Use the online form to give, choose not to give, or update/change your giving/not giving level.

I actually prefer doing this but I forgot to do it this year. I hand them my receipt when they ask me if I want to donate.

You can only change your donation amount during the open period.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Anyone want to go into business, perhaps try to kick-start a future global scale Nike of Charity, multi-billion dollar "non-profit"? Just for the sake of helping others...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Wow someone (@BluegrassJack) sure flamed the hell out of some of my posts in this thread LOL. Must be a metrics monkey from management or one of those sorry suckasses that took selfies with David Abney. LOL.
I thought a "selfie" was a solo image, ala self only image, however I don't really know the lingo and don't care to google it.

However I will say that those pictures with Dave Abney looked like mostly on-cars or people from BD in drivers uniforms. ;)

Overpaid Union Thug

I thought a "selfie" was a solo image, ala self only image, however I don't really know the lingo and don't care to google it.

However I will say that those pictures with Dave Abney looked like mostly on-cars or people from BD in drivers uniforms. ;)
Yeah you're probably right about the selfies but I still call them that because even though there is someone else in the picture the sole purpose of the picture it to draw attention to the 1 that actually took it.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
My question about U.W. is : Are they just for national disasters ? Or will they offer assistance to individuals in terms of personal disasters? For example in my hub 2 workers have cancer & their benefits are depleted so they can't receive further chemo treatments, we are having fundraisers & raffle drawings for prizes at my hub but why? U would think U.W would help ups workers that no longer have benefits. Because of how much we collectively give. Sad !!
Didn't Obamacare do away with annual and lifetime caps?

Elvis

Forty and out
As I recall, at one time UPS would match your contribution dollar for dollar. There was a list of charities that if you had your money directed to them they would more than match, it would be 2 or 3 to your $1. The year that Jim Casey died was the last year UPS did that kind of matching, and it came out of money that Jim had earmarked for the workers. On the bright side, the dividends started really taking off.

Box Ox

necropost.jpg