Don't hit letter B unless ...

barnyard

KTM rider
We had a driver EC a pile of rural routes on a day when the center manager said, "EC if you have to, we do not want to pay for a tow today." The center manager complained the next morning about his pile of ECs, so I got out the county map and pointed to all the roads that were not plowed and asked him, where the ECs were. End of discussion.

In our area, there are many townships that do not plow until the snow is done falling and during that event, the county called the plows off the road early, the only roads plowed were state routes.

Management has got to recognize that in eras of shrinking budgets, local governments are not going to pull out all the stops to keep roads clear. They will do the minimum until it stops snowing and then clear all the roads, as long as they do not have to pay overtime. In my part of the country, that can mean ECing a stop for 2-3 days.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In my neck of the woods, only the main highways get plowed.

What that means for the people who live on them...is that the main road might be driveable but the plows create a 2 ft high berm on either side of the road that blocks all of the driveways and takes away any chance I might have to park on the shoulder and walk the stop off, even if its a short enough driveway to feasably walk.

Large accumulations of snow around here are usually limited to areas above 1000 feet. This means that the roads in those areas tend to be steep and winding. My building is down on the valley floor on flat land, so while it might be raining there it will be dumpng snow up where my route is.