Dont know how you guys do it!

whome

The early hrs suck and the back breaking work as a preloader is some tough work..But to do this for a CHANCE to become a driver in 5 to 10 years is not worth it!!!... should i even call to tell them i QUIT or just say **** em?

laffter

The early hrs suck and the back breaking work as a preloader is some tough work..But to do this for a CHANCE to become a driver in 5 to 10 years is not worth it!!!... should i even call to tell them i QUIT or just say **** em?

A guy that worked with me on my belt started driving last peak, and at the time he had been here for about two years. He's not full time, but he has pretty much been driving full time since new year.

An driver sup even told me that -I- should ... sign some list, to drive eventually, and I've only been here a year.

It varies center to center.

packageguy

I think you should stick it out till the next contract, i hear lots of people leaving. They are waiting to see what comes from the contract. If you quit, give 2 weeks notice. always leave on good terms. never know what tomorrow brings. good luck.

brownIEman

I think you should stick it out till the next contract, i hear lots of people leaving. They are waiting to see what comes from the contract. If you quit, give 2 weeks notice. always leave on good terms. never know what tomorrow brings. good luck.

This is excellent advice. Once had a pt management person try for years to FT. Got a ft job at another company. He wanted to leave in a blaze of glory and say some very creative things to the division manager on his way out. Chose to take the high road instead and left on good terms.

This was back in 08. less than a month after he left, the company he had moved to downsized. Big. He found himself out of work. He was brought back on as his position had not yet been filled. He has since gone into FT management.

kingOFchester

I say quit. Being that you are even contemplating "job abandonment" tells me enough about your character to know that I do not want you in the ranks.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
If you can't deal with part time work you should quit. Driving is not a easy job. It is as mental as it is physical with long hours. It takes a special type of person to drive and survive.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wnniers never quit. Quitters never retire.

Winners make it happen, losers make excuses

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win and never quit are idiots.
stupidity.jpg

UPSGUY72

I like to call a spade a spade... Your just lazy. Do yourself a favor and quit and go get another job. UPS doesn't care if you quit they are not going beg you to stay..

jaker

trolling
Two options quit or join the military do your 4 years come back and hope you are close to driving , that way you have a good job and you did your part for your country