Don't know what to do...

U

uber

I have a good feeling you are completely misinformed about the pay structure. Getting OT pay after 5 shifts in a week seems ridiculous. Where are you located? As a PTer, you get OT after 5 hours on a single shift. If you work a double, you are paid OT after 8 hours. People extend almost every night. They are almost always off the clock at 8 hours. You are saying you could double shift Monday + Tuesday, then Thursday and Friday you'd be making OT the entire shift? Seems flawed even if I didn't already have a clue.

I'm not misinformed about the pay structure, I've been double-shifting for years. I'm in Portland and the OT rule is anything over 5 shifts in a week is OT. If I pick up 2 extra shifts and I get 7 shifts, the last two of those 7 are OT.

UPSGUY72

And sleep?

You adapt and over come if you want something bad enough, if not you sit on the porch all day and watch the world pass you by. Nothing is free you have to pay for everything somethings cost money other while you pay for other in different ways (sleep, aggravation, time, etc)

U

uber

I was a PT. Worked the preload 5 days a week 5-9. Also work a 10 hour job 4 days a week 3 pm - 1:00am.

Do you want a cookie? I have another job as well.

I also dont make the contract and lay down the ground rules for what is Overtime pay. I just want the company to follow the guidelines set-forth in my supplement. Is that too much to ask?

In the meantime, carry on with what you were hinting at.... My generation thinks were entitled, yada, yada, yada.

BTW, how long were you PT and how much were you making as a PT'er? Just curious.

UPSGUY72

Do you want a cookie? I have another job as well.

I also dont make the contract and lay down the ground rules for what is Overtime pay. I just want the company to follow the guidelines set-forth in my supplement. Is that too much to ask?

The thing about the contract is that it can be interpreted one way by management and other way by the union. If you think you have a case stop talking about it and file a grievance. Otherwise stop complaining about it. Nobody here is going file it for you.

In the meantime, carry on with what you were hinting at.... My generation thinks were entitled, yada, yada, yada.

Does the truth hurt.

BTW, how long were you PT and how much were you making as a PT'er? Just curious.

I was PT 11 months making $9.50 hr to start. At my other job I was making $14 hr.

The job I had before that I was working 6 days a week in a paper mill making.

U

uber

I was PT 11 months making $9.50 hr to start. At my other job I was making $14 hr.

The job I had before that I was working 6 days a week in a paper mill making.

11 months. I've been a PT'er 5 years. Dealing with a recession and inflation. Not really comparable.