don't know what to do....

BrownArmy

This situation actually happened to me:

Ordered a mirror for my wife's Camry off eBay...guy on eBay has a good rep, no problem.

Get home, no mirror, track the package, it was signed for by "my last name"...!!#$%

I know for a fact no one was home, UPS driver signed my name for the package.

Who else would have signed?

In the end, I just ate the cost. I'm not trying to get the driver in trouble, but where did the package end up? I have no idea.

Last Christmas we had some package thieves go through some of our packages, they took what they wanted and left the open box out in the rain.

Awesome.

As a driver, I could contact UPS (who won't actually give a chit that I'm a driver), and best case scenario I get a code on my address where I'll have to sign for everything, in which case I'll never receive anything, since the Center that serves my house, while close to my house, closes before either my wife or I get out of work.

It's a pickle, no doubt.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't understand you guys sometimes.

Even if trolling, this is not Johnny Manziel rolled up twenties trolling.

There are easy answers - double check with every single family member, talk to driver, talk to neighbors, if driver forged his name for whatever reason...
While you say you don't understand, the answer is contained in the scenarios you outline.
The OP seemingly never considered anything other than the possibility of driver indiscretion.

jaker

trolling
I can't believe in this age we still have drivers that forge sigs

Do they not realize that every time they do that they are risking their job

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why not talk to the driver privately first? Maybe he made a legitimate mistake and say....delivered to the wrong apt....and a neighbor signed your first name and stole your package? Or if he did forge a sig....maybe he'd be willing to settle and pay u for the item.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As a driver, I could contact UPS (who won't actually give a chit that I'm a driver), and best case scenario I get a code on my address where I'll have to sign for everything, in which case I'll never receive anything, since the Center that serves my house, while close to my house, closes before either my wife or I get out of work.

It's a pickle, no doubt.[/quote]

Why not have the packages sent to you at your center or to your wife's job. I have everything addressed to my job. That way they are safe and I can get them before I go home.

Z

ZQXC

It's a pickle, no doubt.

Why not have the packages sent to you at your center or to your wife's job. I have everything addressed to my job. That way they are safe and I can get them before I go home.[/quote]

......and that's why it pays to be smarter than whatever you're working on.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Must be a runner-gunner? Quicker to dump a "damaged" and get credit for a signature than to give it back to the clerk.

The shop steward has some work to do if this is true.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It was an apartment, someone else signed for it, took the contents and left the box.

Driver : Are you Dave?
Crook : Yeah, I'm Dave. Great, my package came.

That's why a first name was used when it was signed for.
Why would any driver EVER sign the first name for a package and leave it there when you could leave a infonotice.
Conspiracy theories around here, WOW

BrownTexas

I find this thread pretty comical. Say for instance a driver ran into his car in the parking lot, and asked him not to tell, but his car wasn't drivable. Would you not make sure your car was fixed and tell that driver he is an idiot for not telling? Who cares about the driver? If he wants to be dishonest then he doesn't need to work here.

Borderline 9.5

Talk to the driver about it and see if they could tell you about the delivery. Tell them the pkg was empty and ask if maybe the contents had fallen out before delivery. Might be in overgoods. Bottom line is pkg should not have been left where it was. Also you wouldn't be put on a signature required list for a missing item, save the box.

oldngray

nowhere special
How many times has someone walked up to you as you were delivering at a stop wanting the package? And how many then asked what name is on the package?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are not allowed to DR apartments; however, we are allowed to DR if the consignee is standing in front if us.

Resident know-it-all.
What a pathetic shortcut.
Why wouldn't you just have them sign if they are standing in front of you?
Much less avenue for impropriety, for both customer and driver, when you get a signature.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It didn't require a signature. That's why I was shocked he signed. And maybe I'm not like you but I rather loose the $150 than get someone in my building possibly fired. The problem I have is he didn't leave outside my moms door or even inside the building lobby. He left it in between the two doors at the building entrance and signed fir it himself.
File a claim. Follow the process. Get your money back. Whatever consequences befall the driver who forged your signature are not your concern.