don't know what to do....

oldngray

nowhere special
Driver release is at the driver's discretion, and the driver has the right to get a signature for any package if he thinks the situation warrants it. There are signature required packages but not even shipper release are DR required (there can be situations when you don't leave those). So no, it isn't stealing time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Driver release is at the driver's discretion, and the driver has the right to get a signature for any package if he thinks the situation warrants it. There are signature required packages but not even shipper release are DR required (there can be situations when you don't leave those). So no, it isn't stealing time.

Sure it is, especially if you hand it to the consignee.

Resident know-it-all.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
not even shipper release are DR required (there can be situations when you don't leave those). So no, it isn't stealing time.
I used to think the same until an on car sup told me "The shipper is paying extra for it to be left the first time no matter condo apartment business,etc."

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to think the same until an on car sup told me "The shipper is paying extra for it to be left the first time no matter condo apartment business,etc."

Sent using BrownCafe App

So what? Sup is just worried about center send again numbers and not about servicing the customer. And the shipper is NOT paying anything extra. In fact, UPS offers discounts so it would cost UPS money to make a second attempt but same cost for customer.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Sent using BrownCafe App
It's the other way around, the shipper is paying less to have it released on the first attempt.
That's why the company wants them released on the first attempt when possible.
Any subsequent attempts cuts into the profit margin.
Problem here is, while these packages can be left where other can't, we are still bound by all other DR guidelines like out to of sight and out and of weather.
Don't let the company use you for an insurance policy on any package.
Deliver them by the methods.