Don't put yourself in this situation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A terrible accident. That's what it is --an accident. If anyone is to blame it should be the parents or babysitter. Now days a 5 years old is too young to be outside playing without supervision.

....which could have been prevented with a proper walk around of the vehicle, especially knowing that there were kids playing fairly close by....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Under" is the key word here. There is no way the driver can see under the truck. No one could. There is no blame here, other than supervision of the child in question. So lets end the "driver mistake" talk right now.

...which is why you count heads before and especially after making the delivery and don't move the vehicle until all of the heads have been accounted for...

Future

Victory Ride
....which could have been prevented with a proper walk around of the vehicle, especially knowing that there were kids playing fairly close by....
I usually count the number of kids when I roll up on a situation like this....after going back to the truck I scan ...... And add the possibility of a additional child or more

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Guys, a teamster brother killed a small child. He will never be the same, nor will the family of that child. Monday morning quarterbacking is really disgusting in this situation. We weren't there.

Future

Victory Ride
Guys, a teamster brother killed a small child. He will never be the same, nor will the family of that child. Monday morning quarterbacking is really disgusting in this situation. We weren't there.
Agree ..... But us old guys should re up are awareness....pull aside younger drivers and tell them what to be aware of ....I will do so Monday morning

Future

Victory Ride
...which is why you count heads before and especially after making the delivery and don't move the vehicle until all of the heads have been accounted for...
i did not want to mention this .....been posting on this thread since it started.....maybe 2 weeks ago ....roll up on a stop ...Mom Dad ...small girl playing catch ...rubber mid size ball ......make delivery of Pkg ...neighbors house ....scanning my area going back to the truck .....who is under neath my wheels ???? the freakin mother.... getting the ball ..... was not happy