Don't sign a "Fair Day's Work" agreement

UPSSOCKS

There are shirts going around the 705 buildings that say DONT SIGN SH#T, some real eye catchers. The printers cant print them fast enough.

Great thread Jon.

Dont sign anything, any questions ask your steward!

Yeah don't sign anything... Glad to see your welfare receving part time workforce union dues going to a good cause. They can't pay the dues fast enough and the printers can't print them fast enough... Do you guys really think that UPS cares if you sign anything or not? In the grand scheme of things if we want you gone.... You're gone.... In the mean time..
"DON'T SIGN ANYTHING"

washington57

Yeah don't sign anything... Glad to see your welfare receving part time workforce union dues going to a good cause. They can't pay the dues fast enough and the printers can't print them fast enough... Do you guys really think that UPS cares if you sign anything or not? In the grand scheme of things if we want you gone.... You're gone.... In the mean time..
"DON'T SIGN ANYTHING"

In your dreams.

brownIEman

No, absolutely do not sign anything about a fair days work agreement. But for the love of God, take some pride in your work and start actually giving a fair days work. And yes, that means doing some hard work.

PS, if you already do, this post is not directed at you. If you have to wonder if this post is directed at you, then more than likely you should step it up a bit.

Nimnim

The Nim
No, absolutely do not sign anything about a fair days work agreement. But for the love of God, take some pride in your work and start actually giving a fair days work. And yes, that means doing some hard work.

Man, I gotta bust my hump more just to please some person on an internet forum now?

Anyways, the only things I sign are things that actually reflect what I did. I didn't bend at the knees and you caught me on an observation, ok I'll sign. You saw me doing everything right, ok I'll sign. You claim I used an unprofessional manner towards a certain person even though I didn't, RTS. You want me to sign saying I acknowledge someone reviewed some annual training I hadn't seen yet, RTS...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

JonFrum

UPS and the Teamsters could solve part of the problem by having two lines at the bottom of each document to be signed. One would acknowledge that the signer has read the document, without necessarily agreeing with it. The other would say I agree with every word, and agree to be bound by it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I remember a few years ago being asked to sign a driver release certification form. I read through it, made a few changes to it, signed it and handed it back to them. They were none too pleased.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I remember a few years ago being asked to sign a driver release certification form. I read through it, made a few changes to it, signed it and handed it back to them. They were none too pleased.

I do this all the time when I am forced to sign an agreement with a company doing services for me or if I am purchasing something.
I ask them and get verbal commitments / agreements and then write those in on the contract and then initial the written in Terms and Conditions.
Contract Law stipulates that any written in T&C supersedes any typed T&C's. A few times a manager will get involved and I wind up taken my business elsewhere since the manager will not accept the contract with the T&C the salesperson committed to. Also watch for them trying to get you to sign another contract without the hand-written T&Cs included and you must initial the hand-written T&Cs.
If the other party refuses to initial the hand-written T&Cs then the contract is not in effect ... which is what I would rather have anyway.

JonFrum

Drivers today were asked to sign a paper saying their breaks and lunches start the moment they break Trace, and that they may not travel more than 1/4 mile off Trace, and that they must be back on Trace the moment their break or lunch ends.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Drivers today were asked to sign a paper saying their breaks and lunches start the moment they break Trace, and that they may not travel more than 1/4 mile off Trace, and that they must be back on Trace the moment their break or lunch ends.

Why doesn't someone get a copy of this and start getting heads rolling nationwide? Labor, DOT, something...are any drivers actually falling for this idiot management routine?