Don't Support Union Busting Hostess Twinkees !

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Haven't had a Twinkie in over 40 years and don't forsee partaking in another one and that has nothing to do with Hostess busting a union.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The problem really is regaining shelf space back.
People have now sampled Entenmann's and Little Debbie's product. Entenmann's is a superior product.

They will also need to cough up fees for said shelf space.

Maybe it was it to put this iconic food substance to bed.
(notice the use of words "food substance")

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
From a purely business perspective this is a smart move.

It is and I'm glad you specifically stated "from a purely business perspective.." because the whole Hostess story is one of the most disgusting union busting tales of modern times.

The hedge funds that previously owned Hostess had no interest in making Twinkies - they just wanted to loot the company dry in any way, shape, or form they could. And they eventually got their way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Keep in mind that it was not the Teamsters who stood in the way----they agreed to all of the concessions and were all set to go back to work. It was the baker's union which would not budge and look where it got them.

kingOFchester

How many of the "Don't support....." drive foreign cars? Or American brand car made outside of the states? How many buy clothing products made in other countries? How many buy made in America only products?

As much as I try to support the American made products, I will admit that I fail in this regard.

Just something to think about.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Keep in mind that it was not the Teamsters who stood in the way----they agreed to all of the concessions and were all set to go back to work. It was the baker's union which would not budge and look where it got them.

The problem was that the companies were continuing to ask for concessions - over and over - while simultaneously giving themselves bonuses. There are only so many pay cuts, insurance premium hikes, and pension freezes a bargaining unit can tolerate. From what I've read, the BCTGM recognized that the company was going to eventually liquidate, regardless of any concessions they gave, and decided to strike in order to preserve the industry-average wage.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
How many of the "Don't support....." drive foreign cars? Or American brand car made outside of the states? How many buy clothing products made in other countries? How many buy made in America only products?

As much as I try to support the American made products, I will admit that I fail in this regard.

It's virtually impossible to only buy American-made or Union-made products. I avoid Walmart like the plague and try to make sure major purchases (appliances, electronics, et cetera) are union label.

Just try to find a T.V. made in America. They do not make them here anymore.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm sorry but it is hard to take serious any thread with "Hostess Twinkees" in the title ... it equates to "Honey Boo Boo".

Too bad the brand wasn't allowed to die.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Just try to find a T.V. made in America. They do not make them here anymore.

Element Electronics has a new line of flat screens that are made in Detroit. Freight and fuel costs have gotten to the point where some manufacturing jobs are coming back from China, as it's cheaper to make it here than to make it and ship it from overseas.