Don't talk about Apple!

El Morado Diablo

Did anyone else get a message today regarding our policy on Apple deliveries? We were told the policy was based on our marketing strategy and it was not to be discussed with the public. I'm guessing someone spilled the beans. I just don't know if it happened locally or not.

Broke

I thought it was strange for management to put so much emphasis on making sure one customer's packages were delivered on time. We were basically told it doesn't matter if it causes us to have 10 lates, get the apple delivered on time. On extended routes this means if you have to drive an hour out of your way to deliver the apple, you have to do it. You may pas up 10-15 stops to deliver that one package on time, even if it causes the other ones to be late.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I thought it was strange for management to put so much emphasis on making sure one customer's packages were delivered on time. We were basically told it doesn't matter if it causes us to have 10 lates, get the apple delivered on time. On extended routes this means if you have to drive an hour out of your way to deliver the apple, you have to do it. You may pas up 10-15 stops to deliver that one package on time, even if it causes the other ones to be late.

Here's official Apple policy:

1. Promise outstanding service

2. Do not provide it

3. Scramble to placate irate customer

4. Make operationally idiotic promises to save account

5. Implement stupid policies

6. Put onus on courier

7. Blame courier

8. Discipline courier.

hypo hanna

Did anyone else get a message today regarding our policy on Apple deliveries? We were told the policy was based on our marketing strategy and it was not to be discussed with the public. I'm guessing someone spilled the beans. I just don't know if it happened locally or not.

We have discussed it here more then once. Possible a customer stumbled onto it here and tore into their sales rep.
I don't know what the problem is. FedEx made the conscious decision to sacrifice all other customers for the Apple account. Now that its coming back to haunt them, they want to blame us for letting the cat out of the bag?

Anyway, when a customer ask why his pkg was late, my response will be, " I am not allowed to discuss the impact of the Apple account on other customer's packages".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just heard a Memphite say "Challenge Accepted"...thanks a lot man!

Maybe we should just tell all of the other customers that Apple is actually the only one that matters? Maybe Memphis can invent a new Exception Code for all of the lates you take because you had to break route to deliver one Apple package? Or how about an SPH adjustment that takes into account your "gap time" created by that one single package?

Broke

Maybe we should just tell all of the other customers that Apple is actually the only one that matters. Maybe Memphis can invent a new Exception Code for all of the lates you take because you had to break route to deliver one Apple package. Or how about an SPH adjustment that takes into account your "gap time" created by that one single package?
Sounds like a good idea.

DontThrowPackages

Here's official Apple policy:

1. Promise outstanding service

2. Do not provide it

3. Scramble to placate irate customer

4. Make operationally idiotic promises to save account

5. Implement stupid policies

6. Put onus on courier

7. Blame courier

8. Discipline courier.

And that's why one of the drivers dropped 4 p1 stops today because he counted those 4 appl'es stops as P1. Driver loved it. Took 4 little rezzie appl's boxes and, of the 4 dropped, left 2 bulkers LOL. Man, next door rte was so mad. What happen to our workplace....?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
What's an apple pkg.?
How am I supposed to identify what's an apple pkg. and, what's not?
I was never trained to open the pkgs. and look inside to verify what it is I'm del'ing.

Don't most of you get a message from dispatch telling you that you have Apple packages and want confirmation that you will get them off by 1030? Personally I ignore those messages because with DRA I will never have lates and it will route me perfectly.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Don't most of you get a message from dispatch telling you that you have Apple packages and want confirmation that you will get them off by 1030? Personally I ignore those messages because with DRA I will never have lates and it will route me perfectly.

I usually get this message AFTER I clear. And this is pretty much every day.

Doc Sorting Dude

I think shipments from Apple decreased big time. Seems like they've already jumped ship. Instead of seeing Apple boxes (the obvious ones) everyday I get maybe one or two a week.

SmithBarney

Can you read a label?
Apple Specifically uses a return address that does not say APPLE COMPUTER COMPANY or anything that could "easily" be recognized as such. Of course we all know what it says, and know what we have.. don't let sarcasm confuse you, I know you are only a lowly ground driver... ;)

MAKAVELI

I think shipments from Apple decreased big time. Seems like they've already jumped ship. Instead of seeing Apple boxes (the obvious ones) everyday I get maybe one or two a week.
Fedex didnt lose Apple...Apple lost Apple. I think everyone must be buying a Samsung! Have you seen the price of Apples stock lately?
While I think Apple has been losing customers to their competition, it was confirmed by management that they pulled $9,000,000 in revenue last Oct. and gave that to our competitors.